Run for UNICEF
The Unite for Children; Run for UNICEF will be held Saturday at Blanchard Woods Park. The cost is $10, and the 5K will start at 2 p.m. Pre-registration is available by contacting Hilary Matfess at (706) 267-7966 or hilary. email@example.com, or you can register at the site 30 minutes prior to the event.
Disc Golf Ice Bowl
The annual Disc Golf Ice Bowl will be held Jan. 15 at Patriots Park. The entry fee is $20 and a donation of non-perishable canned goods for Golden Harvest Food Bank, and mulligans are available for $1 each. Professional, advanced, intermediate, recreational and novice divisions will be open; all players regardless of ability are encouraged to play. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., followed by a players' meeting. Those not interested in playing but wanting to donate can drop off monetary donations or canned goods from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Patriots Park Activities Center. For information, call Jimmy Padgett at (706) 860-9511.
The Columbia County 4H Project S.A.F.E. Shotgun Team is starting a new season. The club for students in grades 7-12 is a clay pigeon target shooting program. Enrollment/orientation meetings will be held downstairs at Savannah Rapids Pavilion. New members or students interested in joining should attend the meeting on Tuesday from 6-7:30 p.m. Returning team members should attend the Feb. 8 meeting. It is mandatory for a parent and child to attend one of the meetings. All of the necessary forms can be found at www.cc4hsafe.info. They should be printed, completed and brought to the meeting. For information, visit the Web site or e-mail Lori Patterson at lori.patterson@ cc4hsafe.info.
Greenbrier High School baseball will hold its annual Wolfpack Baseball Classic on Jan. 17 at Jones Creek Golf Club. There will be a shotgun start at noon. The cost is $300 for a team of four, and hole sponsorships are available. Proceeds benefit the baseball program. For information, call Clint Hardy at (706) 339-3661 or Mike Hill at (706) 951-3071.
- AthElite Sports Training Academy will hold a pair of one-day baseball clinics Saturday and Sunday. The clinics for ages 10-15 will run from 12:30-3:30 p.m. at the academy, located at 2520 Associates Way in Evans. Several notable local athletes with professional experience will be on hand for the clinics. Instruction will be offered by Jeff Rowland on bunting, Rich Poythress on hitting, Ryan Bowers on speed and agility, and Josh Whitaker on fielding and throwing. The cost is $65. Registration is open to the first 36 applications received. For information, call the academy at (706) 951-7950.
- The CSRA Heat Volleyball Club is holding a series of volleyball skills clinics on Sunday afternoons through March 27 at the Augusta Prep gym. The clinics are for girls from Grades 4-11 (some younger girls will be accepted). Girls will be divided up into appropriate skill levels. The cost for attending the clinics is $225. For information or to register, go to www.csraheat.com or contact Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Family Y will hold youth spring soccer registration through Jan. 30. Leagues are designed for boys and girls ages 3-12. Registration is available online at www.thefamilyy.org or at any Family Y location. For information, contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or email@example.com.
-Early registration is open for boys and girls ages 4-15 for Martinez-Evans Little League's baseball leagues for the 2011 season. Leagues include Wee Ball (4 years old); Tee-Ball (5-6); Coach Pitch (6 with Tee-Ball experience, 7 without experience); Machine Pitch (7-8); Minors/Majors (9-12); and Junior (13-15). For early registration, go to www.eteamz.com/martinezevanslittleleague. Registration also will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 22 and 29 and Feb. 5 at Putt-Putt Golf and Games, 3763 Martinez Blvd. One proof-of-age document, such as a birth certificate, is required for registration. For information, call (706) 680-6355 or e-mail martinezevanslittle firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stars Baseball 14-U has an opening for an experienced pitcher and player. Tryouts will be held this month. For information, call Billy Gamblin at (706) 840-2455 or Kenneth Gamblin at (706) 836-4001.
- The Columbia County Volcanoes 11U baseball travel team is looking for additional players for the 2011 season. Potential players must try out. Players cannot have turned 11 before May 1. For information, contact coach Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806.
- The Georgia RiverCats U-8 travel baseball team will hold tryouts for open roster spots. Those interested must not have turned 8 before May 1, 2010. For details, call Pat Murray at (706) 829-4298 or Sean Collett at (706) 399-5243.
- The 15-Under and 16-Under AAU Showtime travel basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. For information, contact coach Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.