Greenbrier High School baseball will hold its annual Wolfpack Baseball Classic on Jan. 17 at Jones Creek Golf Club. There will be a shotgun start at noon. The cost is $300 for a team of four, and hole sponsorships are available. Proceeds benefit the baseball program. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places and for long drive and closest to the pin contests. There will also be raffle prizes. A hamburger/hot dog lunch will be served after the tournament. For information, call Clint Hardy at (706) 339-3661 or Mike Hill at (706) 951-3071.
- AthElite Sports Training Academy will hold a pair of one-day baseball clinics Jan. 8-9. The clinics for ages 10-15 will run from 12:30-3:30 p.m. at the academy, located at 2520 Associates Way in Evans. Several notable local athletes with professional experience will be on hand for the clinics. Instruction will be offered by Jeff Rowland on bunting, Rich Poythress on hitting, Ryan Bowers on speed and agility, and Josh Whitaker on fielding and throwing. The cost is $65. Registration is open to the first 36 applications received. For information, call the academy at (706) 951-7950.
- The CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of volleyball skills clinics on Sunday afternoons from Jan. 9 through March 27 at the Augusta Prep gym. The clinics are for girls from grades 4-11 (some younger girls will be accepted). Girls will be divided up into appropriate skill levels. The cost for attending the clinics is $225. For information or to register, go to www.csraheat.com or contact Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539 or email@example.com.
Rec league signups
Early registration is open for boys and girls ages 4-15 for Martinez-Evans Little League's baseball leagues for the 2011 season. Leagues include Wee Ball (4 years old); Tee-Ball (5-6); Coach Pitch (6 with Tee-Ball experience, 7 without experience); Machine Pitch (7-8); Minors/Majors (9-12); and Junior (13-15). For early registration, go to www.eteamz.com/martinez evanslittleleague. Registration also will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 22 and 29 and Feb. 5 at Putt-Putt Golf and Games, 3763 Martinez Blvd. One proof-of-age document, such as a birth certificate, is required for registration. For details, call (706) 680-6355 or e-mail martinezevanslittleleague@ gmail.com.
- The Columbia County Volcanoes 11U baseball travel team is looking for additional players for the upcoming 2011 season. Potential players must try out. Players cannot have turned 11 before May 1. For information, contact coach Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806.
- The Georgia RiverCats U-8 travel baseball team will hold tryouts for open roster spots. Those interested must not have turned 8 before May 1, 2010. For details, call Pat Murray at (706) 829-4298 or Sean Collett at (706) 399-5243.
- Team Power AAU Basketball is looking for student-athletes ages 9U through 17U for its boys basketball program for the 2011 season. Contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 15-Under and 16-Under AAU Showtime travel basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. For information, contact coach Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.