- The Evans High School baseball team will hold its annual golf tournament Nov. 14 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The event will start at 11 a.m. with lunch, followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The entry fee is $60 per player or $240 per four-man team. Hole sponsorships are available for $100 per hole. All proceeds will benefit the Evans High School baseball team. For information, contact Darrell Freeman at (706) 829-0862 or coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054.
- Team Power AAU Basketball will hold its TP Thanksgiving All-In-One 2010 Basketball Camp Nov. 22-24 for boys and girls ages 5-15 at Patriots Park. The camp will run from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. The cost is $85 per child and includes lunch. For information, contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A-Team Baseball will play host to a tryout today at Riverside Park for ages 10-12 for the 2011 spring season. For information, contact Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511 or email@example.com.
- Team Power AAU Basketball is looking for student-athletes ages 9U through 17U for its boys basketball program for the 2011 season. For information, contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 15-Under and 16-Under AAU Showtime travel basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. For information, contact coach Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
- The Georgia RiverCats U-8 travel baseball team will hold tryouts for open roster spots. Those interested must not have turned 8 before May 1, 2010. For information, call Pat Murray at (706) 829-4298 or Sean Collett at (706) 399-5243.
- The MCG Miracle Second Annual Golf Tournament: Fore The Kids will be held Saturday at Forest Hills Golf Club. It will benefit the MCG Children's Miracle Network. The tournament costs $90 per player or $340 per foursome. There will be a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m., and the format is best ball. Following the tournament, there will be a complimentary dinner with prizes and awards. For information or to register, go to www.golfdigestplanner.com/16466-MCG/index.html.
- The fourth annual Columbia County Junior Golf Championships will be held Nov. 20-21 at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The tournament is free for all boys and girls ages 6-18 -- from beginners to varsity high school players -- in Columbia County. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. For information or to register, call the club at (706) 210-4681.
The Savannah River Sail and Power Squadron (SRSPS) is conducting free vessel safety checks. These are checks of your boat to verify that it has the required safety equipment and documentation. Boats that successfully complete the check are awarded a completion decal. For a free check, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Georgia) or email@example.com (South Carolina). An examiner will come to you.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.