- Lakeside will hold its JROTC Fun Run on Nov. 6. Check-in/registration will start at 8 a.m., and the race will start at 9 a.m. Advanced registration costs $20; registration on the day of the race is $25. There will also be a kids half-mile run at 9:45 a.m. for $15. Participants are asked to bring canned goods for Golden Harvest Food Bank. For information, contact Maj. McKean at (706) 863-0027, ext. 4391, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or e-mail Veronica Payne at email@example.com.
- The Peach Belt Conference and Family Y will hold the inaugural Peach Belt Conference Fall Festival 5K and 1K Fun Run at 11 a.m. Nov. 6 at Blanchard Woods Park. The event is open to the public, and all proceeds will benefit at-risk middle school sports programs in Columbia County. The fun run is designed for children to be able to take part. The cost is $25 for adults and $10 for children 12 and younger. Participants will receive a buy one, get one free coupon for the Peach Belt Soccer Championships held Nov. 5 and 7 at Blanchard Woods. To register, go to www.thefamilyy.org, click on "Marshall Programs" and select "Fitness." For information, call the Marshall Family Y at (706) 364-3269.
-The Evans High School baseball team will hold its annual golf tournament Nov. 14 at Gordon Lakes Golf Club. The event begins at 11 a.m. with lunch, followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The entry fee is $60 per player or $240 per four-man team. Hole sponsorships are available for $100 per hole. All proceeds will benefit the Evans High baseball team. For information, contact Darrell Freeman at (706) 829-0862 or coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054.
- Team Power AAU Basketball will hold its TP Thanksgiving All-In-One 2010 Basketball Camp for children ages 5-15 from Nov. 22-24 at Patriots Park. The camp will run from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. The cost is $85 per child and includes lunch. For information, contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A-Team Baseball will hold a tryout Nov. 6-7 at Riverside Park for ages 10-12 for the 2011 spring season. For information, contact Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511 or email@example.com.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will be holding an advanced clinic for children ages 6-14 from 4-5 p.m. Thursday. Players should bring their own golf clubs. The cost is $10. For information or to register, contact instructor Lee Henry at (706) 210-4681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta chapter of the University of Alabama National Alumni Association will hold its SEC Golf Challenge on Friday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The format is a four-man scramble, and the cost is $75 per player or $300 per team. Registration starts at 10:30 a.m., and there will be a shotgun start at 1 p.m. There will be a live auction for football tickets, raffle prizes and door prizes. For information, go to www.rolltideaugusta.com or e-mail Justin Goolsby at email@example.com.
- The inaugural Cystic Fibrosis Charity Golf Tournament will be held Friday at Forest Hills Golf Club. Play will be four-man teams with captain's choice format. A shotgun start will be held at 9 a.m., and the practice range opens at 8 a.m. Events include a hole-in-one contest to win a BMW and other prizes. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team. All proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Registration is being held online at georgia.cff.org/greatstridesforecf. For information, call the foundation's Georgia Chapter at (404) 325-6973 or (800) 476-4483.
- The MCG Miracle second annual golf tournament: Fore The Kids will be held Nov. 13 at Forest Hills Golf Club. It will benefit the MCG Children's Miracle Network. The tournament costs $80 per player or $300 per foursome. For registration after Nov. 6, the cost is $90 per player or $340 per foursome. There will be a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m., and the format is best ball. After the tournament, there will be a complimentary dinner with prizes and awards. For information or to register, go to www.golfdigestplanner.com/16466-MCG.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.