The 2010 PRC Fall Classic tennis tournament will be held Thursday-Sunday at Petersburg Racquet Club in Martinez. The tournament features men's and women's doubles in 2.5-5.0 divisions and mixed doubles in 5.0-9.0 divisions. The cost is $40 plus a TennisLink fee and covers two events. The tournament is sanctioned by the USTA, and all registration is handled online. Those interested can register at www.usta.com or www.prctennis.com. For information, call the club at (706) 860-9288.
Family Y signups
Registration is still being held at Marshall Family Y for flag football and cheerleading for ages 5-14 and co-ed lacrosse for ages 7-15. Regular registration for lacrosse and late registration for flag football and cheerleading will run through today. The season starts in October. Regular-season games will be played on Saturdays. The cost for each sport is $55 for Y members and $75 for nonmembers, plus $10 for late registration. There will be no refunds after the first week of games. For information or to register, visit the Marshall Family Y at 1202 Town Park Lane in Evans, call (706) 364-3269 or go to www.thefamilyy.org.
- The Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Organization will be holding tryouts Sept. 26 for the 10-Under travel team for the upcoming 2011 season. The tryouts will be held at 2:30 p.m. at the Patriots Park Softball Complex. Those interested must be 10 years old or younger on Jan. 1, 2011. For information, call Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581 or (706) 860-3886.
- The Georgia RiverCats U-8 travel baseball team will be holding tryouts for open roster spots. Those interested must not have turned 8 before May 1. For information, contact Pat Murray at (706) 829-4298 or Sean Collett at (706) 399-5243.
- The Columbia County Chaos boys travel baseball team is seeking players to fill open roster spots for the upcoming season. Experienced players are preferred. Players must be 11 or under as of May 1. For information, call Trevor Adkins at (706) 284-7379.
- The Georgia Lightning 12-U travel baseball team is having a tryout for the upcoming season. Players cannot turn 13 before May 1. For tryout dates and information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
- The 10-U Georgia Spikes travel baseball team is seeking additional players, preferably with pitching experience, for the 2010-11 season. Players must not turn 11 before May 1. For information, call DeWayne Smoak at (706) 513-1494.
- The Columbia County Volcanoes 11-U baseball travel team is looking for one additional pitcher for the upcoming season. The player must try out. Players cannot have turned 11 before May 1. The team is looking for serious players with good attitudes. Practices are held at Riverside Park, Windmill Plantation and Patriots Park. For information, call coach Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806.
- The third annual Fellowship Golf Outing benefiting the Gospel Water Branch Community Development Corporation Inc. and Columbia County Cares Inc. will be held Monday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. There will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start, with check-in from 11 to 11:45 a.m. and lunch at noon. The format is a four-man best ball. Cost is $60 per golfer. Those interested can sign up online at gospelwater.org/golf_outing. Sponsorships are available. For information, call Ronnie Sadler at (706) 650-1540.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Augusta will hold the 2010 Charity Golf Classic on Monday at West Lake Country Club. The tournament features an 11 a.m. shotgun start. The cost is $250 per person or $1,000 for a four-person team. Sponsorships are available. For information, call (706) 724-5901 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Lakeside High School Cheerleading/Track Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 2 at Applewood Golf Course. The deadline to register is Sept. 27. There will be a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. The format is a four-man Lauderdale, and the cost is $40 per person, $160 per team, or $135 for a team with a hole sponsor (total of $235 for the team). Lunch can be purchased for an additional $10. Hole sponsorships are available, or businesses can donate raffle or prize items. For information, contact coach Derrick Myers at (706) 832-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org or coach Cyndi Blair at cynthia. email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.