Host families wanted
The Columbia County Recreation Department is seeking host families for teams visiting for the Ponytails World Series, which starts Saturday and runs through Aug. 5 at Patriots Park. Hosts will show the teams around the county and handle several other team needs. For information, contact Ken Warner at (706) 312-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Christi DeLoach at (706) 312-7411 or email@example.com.
Volleyball, softball tryouts
- Greenbrier High School will hold volleyball tryouts Monday-Wednesday. Eighth-grade girls are welcome to try out if they are zoned for Greenbrier High. Tryouts will be held 3-5 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, and 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday. Girls must have a physical and proof of insurance. For information, contact coach Debbie Born at (706) 650-6043, ext. 220, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evans High School will hold softball tryouts 9-11 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 6-8 p.m. Wednesday. A current physical and completed insurance form with proof of insurance are required. If you can't attend because of All-Stars or tournament play, let the coach know you are interested in trying out. For information, contact coach Colette Cassedy at (706) 868-1977 or email@example.com.
Rec league, Y signups
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold registration through Friday for baseball, soccer, football and cheerleading. For information, call (706) 863-7523.
- The Marshall Family Y is seeking referees for the fall soccer season. For information, contact Program Director Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658.
- The Columbia County Stealers 12-U baseball team is looking for players. Players cannot turn 13 before May 1 and need to be able to pitch and play multiple positions. For information, contact Scott Stewart at (706) 825-0007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County MudCats are organizing an 11-Under team. Players can't turn 12 before May 1. The season runs from August to July 2011. For information, contact Brian Murphy at (706) 860-4321, (706) 564-4980 or email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.