The Columbia County Recreation Department is seeking host families for teams visiting the area for the Ponytails World Series, which starts Saturday and runs through Aug. 5 at Patriots Park. Hosts are needed to help show visiting teams around the county and handle several other team needs. For information, contact Ken Warner at (706) 312-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Christi DeLoach at (706) 312-7411 or email@example.com.
Greenbrier High School will hold volleyball tryouts Aug. 2-4. Eighth-grade girls are welcome to try out if they're zoned for Greenbrier High. Tryouts will be held 3-5 p.m. Aug. 2 and 4, and 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 3. All girls must have a physical and proof of insurance. Contact coach Debbie Born at (706) 650-6043, ext. 220, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold registration through Friday for baseball, soccer, football and cheerleading. The season will start in September and end in November. For details, call (706) 863-7523.
- The Marshall Family Y is seeking referees for the upcoming fall soccer season. For information, contact Program Director Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658.
- The Columbia County MudCats are looking to organize an 11-Under team for the upcoming season. Players can't turn 12 before May 1. The season runs from August until July 2011. For information, contact Brian Murphy at (706) 860-4321, (706) 564-4980 or email@example.com.
- The Columbia County Volcanoes U-11 baseball travel team is looking for two additional players. Players cannot have turned 11 before May 1. The team is looking for serious players with good attitudes. They need to be able to pitch and play as many positions as possible. Practices are held at Riverside Park, Windmill Plantation and Patriots Park. For information, contact coach Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will be providing an instructional golf clinic for ages 6-14. The clinic will run from 8-10 a.m. daily and will be held Monday-Thursday. The instructor is Lee Henry. Cost is $90 for each instructional clinic. Space is limited. For information or to register, call (706) 210-4681.
- The Augusta Junior Golf Magazine Tour's summer season will wrap up with a tournament Aug. 2 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Registration and tournament rules can be accessed at www.augusta juniorgolf.com. E-mail carla. ramsey@augustajuniorgolf. com or call (706) 231-9594.
- The fourth annual Evans High Touchdown Club golf tournament will be held Aug. 14 at Gordon Lakes Golf Club. Check-in and registration begin at 7 a.m., and there will be an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $70 per player or $280 for a foursome, which includes greens fees, cart fees, lunch, door prizes and awards. For details, contact Joe Olliff at (706) 495-9822 or jolliff@ forestsalescorp.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.