- The Marshall Family Y in Evans will hold fall soccer league registration through Friday for Evans and Grovetown. The coed league is for ages 3-10. Practices and games for those in Evans will be held at the Augusta Jewish Community Center and Oakey Grove Church. Practices and games for those in Grovetown will be held at Goodale Park and at the Evans locations. Practices start the week of Aug. 9. Parents need to provide a water bottle, cleats, shin guards and soccer shorts for their child.
- The GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club will hold the 3v3 World Tour Soccer Tournament at Blanchard Woods Park on July 10. Teams can have up to six players. For information or to register, contact the club at (706) 312-7415 or visit www.ga-scbulls.com.
The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold registration July 12-30 for baseball, soccer, football and cheerleading. The season will start in September and end in November. For information, call (706) 863-7523.
- Augusta Junior Golf Magazine Tour tournament dates include Monday at Midland Valley Country Club; July 13 at Persimmon Hill Golf Club; July 19 at Belle Meade Country Club; and Aug. 2 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Registration and tournament rules can be accessed at www.augustajuniorgolf.com. For information, call (706) 231-9594 or e-mail carla.ramsey@ augustajuniorgolf.com.
- Applewood Golf Course will hold a golf outing July 17 as a fundraiser for Mike Gallagher, an original member who is undergoing cancer treatments. The tournament will be a four-man Lauderdale (also called captain's choice) format, with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The entry fee of $75 per person or $300 for a team covers golf, a cart, lunch and prizes. There will be putting and hole-in-one contests, raffles, mulligans and auctions. Hole sponsorships are available for $100, and donations of money or goods and services will be accepted for door prizes and auction items. Sign-up deadline is July 14 at 5 p.m. For more information, call the course at (706) 554-0028.
- The Columbia County Junior Golf Championships will be held July 21-22 at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The annual event is free for all children in Columbia County. Boys and girls ages 6-18 from beginner to varsity high school players can participate. Sponsorships are also available. To sign up or get sponsorship information, call Bartram Trail Golf Club at (706) 210-4681.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will be providing two instructional golf clinics in July for children ages 6-14. Each clinic will run from 8-10 a.m. daily. The clinics will be held July 12-15 and July 26-29. The instructor is Lee Henry. Cost is $90 for each instructional clinic. Space is limited. For information or to register, call (706) 210-4681.
The Savannah River Sail and Power Squadron (SRSPS) is conducting free vessel safety checks. These are checks of your boat to verify that it has the required safety equipment and documentation. Boats that successfully complete the check are awarded a completion decal. For a free check, e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Georgia) or email@example.com (South Carolina). An examiner will come to you.
- The Lady Dogs Softball Clinic will be held Monday-Friday at Patriots Park. The clinic originally had been scheduled to be held at Harlem High School. The camp for those in second through eighth grades will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. daily. The cost is $80, or $70 for children of Columbia County employees. Each additional sibling will cost $60. Brochures are available at the Columbia County Recreation Department office or at the Harlem High School Web site. For information, contact coach Mike Leverett at (706) 836-6026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Evans High School Cheerleading Camp will be held July 12-16 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily. The cost for the camp is $100, which includes a T-shirt and lunch. For information, contact Adell Poss at (706) 361-5108 or email@example.com.
- Jim Siple will hold his annual free summer conditioning workouts for ages 10 and older starting July 19 and running through the end of August. The workouts are open to children from any school and are designed to get them in shape for the fall season. Workouts will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m. Workouts will be held at Blanchard Park, 4541 Dewey Drive in Martinez. Siple has been a volunteer with the Columbia County Recreation Department for 22 years. For information, call (706) 860-1592.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.