- The Evans High School Cheerleading Camps will start Tuesday and run through July 16. The camps run from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily. The cost for each camp is $100, which includes a T-shirt and lunch. For information, contact Adell Poss at (706) 361-5108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lady Dogs Softball Clinic will take place Monday-July 9 at Patriots Park. The clinic originally had been scheduled to take place at Harlem High School. The camp for those in second through eighth grade will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. daily. The cost is $80, or $70 for children of Columbia County employees. The charge for each additional sibling is $60. Brochures are available at the Columbia County Recreation Department office or at the Harlem High School Web site. For information, contact coach Mike Leverett at (706) 836-6026 or email@example.com.
- The YMCA Summer Golf Camp will take place July 19-22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for juniors ages 6-17. Included will be instruction on all phases of the game and nine holes of golf. The cost is $149. For information or to register, contact Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Augusta Prep will hold a volleyball camp July 19-20. There are two sessions: grades five through eight from 9 a.m. until noon, and grades nine through 12 from 1-4 p.m. The cost is $60 for the two-day camp and $130 for the five-day camp. For information, contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or prepvolleyball@ yahoo.com.
- The Sure Shot Basketball Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 will take place July 26-30 at Lakeside Middle School. The cost is $75, and the camp will run from 9 a.m. until noon each day. For information, contact Dave Pitock at (706) 855-7928.
- The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will take place Aug. 2-5. The camp will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day at Augusta State University. The cost of the camp is $150, which includes a T-shirt and lunch each day. The academy director is Metress, head men's basketball coach at ASU. The camp is open to all boys and girls from first grade through 11th grade. For information, contact Metress at (706) 667-4765 or email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.