- The seventh annual Spring Golf Classic to benefit the Jenny Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund will be held May 12 at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The tournament will use a Lauderdale format with a shotgun start at noon. The event includes thousands of dollars in prizes, including awards for longest drive and closest to the pin. The entry fee is $260 per team or $65 per player. The deadline to register is Friday. Mail entry forms with check to Fatz Cafe at 464 N. Belair Road, Evans, GA 30809. For information, call (706) 825-9151.
- Junior Achievement's fifth annual charity golf tournament will be held May 20 at Houndslake Country Club in Aiken. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Team and other sponsorships are still available. To sign up or for information, call (706) 736-3070 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Elks Lodge will hold its annual golf tournament May 27 at Augusta Municipal Golf Course. Cost is $50 per golfer. Corporate and individual participants are welcome. Sign-up time will be at 11:30 a.m. followed by a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Lunch will be provided, and dinner will follow the tournament for the golfers. For information, call Diane Bishop at (706) 868-1938.
- Augusta Junior Golf Magazine Tour tournament dates include May 27 at Applewood Golf Club, June 1 at West Lake Country Club, June 10 at Waynesboro Country Club, June 15 at North Augusta Country Club, June 22 at Forest Hills Golf Club, June 28 at Bartram Trail Country Club, July 5 at Midland Valley Country Club, July 13 at Persimmon Hill Golf Club, July 19 at Belle Meade Country Club and Aug. 2 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Find registration and rules at www. augustajuniorgolf.com. For information, call (706) 231-9594 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Georgia RiverDawgs 10-Under travel team is raffling a four-passenger Club Car gas golf cart with canopy top and windshield. Tickets cost $5. The drawing will be held in June. Tickets can be purchased by calling (706) 945-4621.
The Marshall Family Y is holding registration for tee ball and lacrosse leagues. Tee ball is open to ages 4-7. Lacrosse is open to ages 7-15. Donations of lacrosse equipment also are being sought. For information, call Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The adult travel flag football team Showtime is looking for former high school and college football players to fill its roster. The team is based in Evans and is a member of the U.S. Flag and Touch Football League. For information, contact Thomas Scott at email@example.com, (706) 496-8544 or (757) 303-4397.
- The Indoor Soccer (futsal) 5v5 Tournament at Patriots Park Gym will be held May 22. Age groups will range from U8 to U14 boys and girls, and a men's and women's teams. Cost is $150 per team. The team registration deadline is May 13. For information, visit csrasoccer.blogspot.com or e-mail csrasoccer@ ga-scbulls.com.
- CSRA 3v3 Summer Soccer League for ages U7 to U11 starts May 24. Cost is $70 per player per team. Registration deadline is May 15. For information, visit online at csrasoccer.blogspot.com.
- CSRA 6v6 Summer Soccer League for ages U12 to U19 starts May 26. Cost is $400 per team. Registration deadline is May 15. For information, visit csrasoccer.blogspot.com or e-mail csrasoccer@ga-sc bulls.com.
Wildwood Park ramps will be closed May 20-23 for the ESPN fishing tournament. They will open again to the public May 24.
For information, call (706) 541-3761.
- The Greenbrier Fast Pitch Softball Clinic will be held June 1-4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Greenbrier for girls in grades 2-8.
The clinic costs $70 per player or $55 for siblings. For information, call coach Garrett Black at (706) 650-6040, ext. 4150, or (706) 564-9653.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.