Pride Athletics will hold an adult one-pitch softball tournament March 12-13 at Dayspring Baptist Church, 4220 Frontage Road, Augusta. Cost is $175 per team. Proceeds will go to Pride Athletics. For information, call Lorenzo McCladdie at (706) 589-0516, Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511, or Marcus Johnson at (706) 220-6863.
The Marshall Family Y will hold its Cloverleaf Duathlon on March 13. The race will start at Publix at Riverwood Plantation and will consist of a two-mile run, a 10-mile bike ride and another 2-mile run. The race is open to ages 16 and up. Participants can compete individually, as a two-person team or three-person team. Participants can register at www.thefamilyy.org or www.active.com. For information, call Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or e-mail email@example.com.
Augusta Christian Schools will hold its annual golf tournament with lunch at noon March 19 at Bartram Trail Golf Club followed by a 1:15 p.m. shotgun start. Proceeds will benefit the school's athletic program. Corporate and individual participants are welcome, and corporate hole sponsors are needed. For information, call Cary Rivers at (706) 863-2905, ext. 106, or Buzzy Banks at (706) 855-1998.
Harlem Middle School will hold a community yard sale March 20 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the school parking lot. The event will benefit the school's athletic booster club. For information, call Trent McDaniel at (706) 825-5700.
- A 10-and-under travel baseball team is looking for players. For information, e-mail Baseball10U@aol.com.
- The Georgia Elite 13-and-under travel baseball team is seeking players. To be eligible for this team, a player must not turn 14 prior to May 1. For information, call Brian Watts at (706) 910-9349.
- A 9-and-under travel baseball team is looking for players. Players cannot turn 10 before May 1. For information, call (706) 541-9726 or (706) 513-1494.
- The 13-and-under Georgia Force are looking for players for the fall and spring seasons. Call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for experienced travel baseball players for the upcoming season. Eligible players cannot turn 12 before May 1. For information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
The 14-and-under and 15-and-under AAU Showtime basketball teams are looking for players to fill out their rosters.
For information, call Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544 or (757) 303-4397, or e-mail email@example.com.
The Augusta West Rotary Club will hold the ninth annual "A Taste of Something Wild" on Saturday from 5-8 p.m. at the Julian Smith Barbecue Pit on Milledge Road in Augusta. Proceeds will benefit the Augusta Alzheimer's Association.
For tickets and information, call Russ Stullken at (706) 631-8781 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.