Help for Haiti
- Area Rotary clubs are helping raise money and collecting "shelter boxes" through www.shelterboxes.org. For information, call Pam Lightsey at (706) 840-2087.
- Foot Solutions of Evans, in Mullins Crossing, is collecting lightly used shoes for the Soles 4 Souls charity, to be sent to Haitian refugees. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 228-3663.
The Augusta Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society will provide singing Valentines Friday-Sunday. Call (803) 279-4198.
Three Alzheimer's caregiver support groups meet in Columbia County.
- Morningside of Evans, 353 N. Belair Road: 11 a.m., second Saturday each month. Call (706) 228-4709.
- Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Road: 7 p.m., third Tuesday each month. Call (706) 854-3519.
- Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church: 5555 Hereford Farm Road: 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month. Call (706) 541-0085, or (706) 541-0185.
Reed Creek Park in Martinez will hold a nature walk for ages 3-5, accompanied by adults, from 10-11 a.m. today. The walk is free for members, $2 for non-members. Call (706) 210-4027 or go to www.reedcreekpark.com.
Registration is now open for Columbia County Community Emergency Response Team training, with classes starting Feb. 23 and Aug. 10. Applications are due by 5 p.m. Thursday. For information, e-mail email@example.com or call (706) 868-3303.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.