- The Columbia County recreation department will hold spring soccer registration through Friday. Registration can be done at Patriots Park administrative offices or by mail. Previous participants may register online at www.columbiacountyga.gov. Cost for county residents is $60 for first child, $50 for second child and $40 for third child. Cost for out-of-county residents is double. For information, call (706) 863-7523.
- The Marshal Family Y will hold spring soccer registration until Jan. 29. Registration is open to boys and girls ages 3-10. Those interested can register at www.thefamilyy.org or at any YMCA branch. The Family Y is also looking for volunteer coaches and paid referees. For information, e-mail Justin Goolsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 922-9658.
- The Jordan River Foundation 5K Classic will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Lakeside High track. Cost is $20 and includes a shirt and brunch. There will also be a shorter run for children 13 and younger. For information, call Amala Sarvepalli at (706) 877-0136 or e-mail amala55arterial@ live.com.
- The Panther 5K Challenge will be held Feb. 13 at 9 a.m. at Lakeside High School. For information, e-mail email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- A 5K walk and run to benefit the Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Feb. 6 at West Acres Baptist Church. For information, visit www. chasingacureforeb.com.
A volleyball basics clinic will be held Jan. 24 and Jan. 31 from 2-4 p.m. at the Lakeside High School gym. Cost is $30. For information, call (706) 650-8083.
The Augusta Junior Rowing Team is accepting members. No experience is necessary and potential members can participate for two weeks before deciding whether to join. Practices are held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4-6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Riverfront Drive in Augusta. The team is open to ages 13-18. For information, visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- The Georgia Elite 13-and-under travel baseball team is seeking players. To be eligible for this team a player must not turn 14 prior to May 1. For information, call Brian Watts at (706) 910-9349.
- A 9-and-under travel baseball team is looking for five or six players. Players cannot turn 10 before May 1. For information, call (706) 541-9726 or (706) 513-1494.
- The 13-and-under Georgia Force are looking for two or three players for the fall and spring seasons. Call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail sanderson@bonedry roofing.com for information.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13-and-under travel baseball team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players cannot turn 14 before May 1. Call Brad Thompson at (706) 533-1061.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for one or two experienced travel baseball players for the upcoming season. Eligible players cannot turn 12 before May 1. Call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
Sports Calendar n
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.