- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold spring soccer registration through Jan. 22. Registration can be done at Patriots Park offices or by mail. Previous participants can register at www.columbiacountyga.gov. Cost for county residents is $60 for first child, $50 for second child and $40 for third child. Cost for out-of-county residents is double. For information, call (706) 863-7523.
- The Marshal Family Y will hold spring soccer sign-up until Jan. 29. Registration is open to boys and girls ages 3-10. Register at www.thefamilyy.org or at any YMCA branch. The Y is also looking for volunteer coaches and paid referees. For details, e-mail Justin Goolsby at jgoolsby@ thefamilyy.org or call (706) 922-9658.
The Jordan River Foundation 5K Classic will be Jan. 23 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Lakeside High's track. Cost is $20 and includes a shirt and brunch. There will be a shorter run for children 13 and younger. For details, contact Amala Sarvepalli at (706) 877-0136 or email@example.com.
A volleyball basics clinic will be held Jan. 24 and Jan. 31 from 2-4 p.m. at the Lakeside High School gym. Cost is $30. For information, call (706) 650-8083.
The Augusta Junior Rowing Team is accepting members. Practice is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4- 6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Riverfront Drive. The team is open to ages 13-18. Visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- A 9-and-under travel baseball team is looking for five or six players. Players must turn 10 before May 1. For information, call (706) 541-9726 or (706) 513-1494.
- The 13-and-under Georgia Force is looking for two or three players for the fall and spring seasons. For information, call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13-and-under travel baseball team is looking for two players. Players must not turn 14 before May 1. For information, call Brad Thompson at (706) 533-1061.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for experienced travel baseball players. Players must not turn 12 before May 1. For information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
The 14-and-under and 15-and-under AAU Showtime basketball teams are looking for players. For information, call Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544 or (757) 303-4397 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.