Columbia County Adopt-a-Stream will hold a class on amphibian monitoring from 6:30-9 p.m. Friday and a bacterial monitoring class from 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday at Reed Creek Park. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenbrier High School will hold a baseball clinic Dec. 21-22 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. each day. It is open to boys grades 2-8. Cost is $50 per person, $25 for siblings. For information, call (706) 650-6040 ext. 5921.
The Augusta Junior Rowing Team is accepting members. No experience is necessary and potential members can participate for two weeks before deciding whether to join. Practices are held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4-6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Riverfront Drive in Augusta. The team is open to ages 13-18. For information, visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
- A 9-and-under travel baseball team is looking for five or six players. Players cannot turn 10 before May 1. For information, call (706) 541-9726 or (706) 513-1494.
- The 13-and-under Georgia Force are looking for two or three players for the fall and spring seasons. Call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail sanderson@bonedry roofing.com for more information.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13-and-under travel baseball team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players cannot turn 14 before May 1. For more information, call Brad Thompson at (706) 533-1061.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for one or two experienced travel baseball players for the upcoming season. Eligible players cannot turn 12 before May 1. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
The 14-and-under and 15-and-under AAU Showtime basketball teams are looking for players to fill out their rosters. For more information, call Thomas Scott at (757) 303-4397 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Georgia Rockers fast pitch softball is looking for players for its 8-under "coach-pitch" travel team for the 2010 season. Girls must be 7-8 years old on Jan. 1 to be eligible. For more information, call Ike Branch at (706) 860-3886.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.