The University of Georgia's men's lacrosse team will play host to a lacrosse clinic Sunday from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Greenbrier High School. For information, e-mail Glenn Vaught at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lakeside High School's band is taking orders through today for boxes of oranges, grapefruit and tangelos for $15. For information, e-mail email@example.com, or call (706) 863-0027.
- Grovetown High School's band is holding fruit sales, with 20-pound boxes for $16 and 40-pound boxes for $26. Mixed boxes are available for $19 and $30. Orders must be received by Saturday, with delivery the week before Christmas. To order, call the school at (706) 447-2102 or Debby Turner at (706) 556-3342.
The last of a four-part boating safety class taught by the Thurmond Lake Sail & Power Squadron will be offered Friday at the McCormick County Library in McCormick, S.C. The class is a comprehensive course that covers all aspects of boating. Hours are 1-5 p.m. The cost, which includes books and materials, is $25 per person or $30 per couple. Pre-registration is required. Call (864) 391-3795 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Augusta Junior Rowing Team is accepting members. No experience is necessary, and potential members can participate for two weeks before deciding whether to join. Practices are held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4-6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Riverfront Drive in Augusta. The team is open to ages 13-18. For information, visit www.augustarowing club.org.
- The Greenbrier High School boys and girls golf teams will play host to a golf tournament Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at Bartram Trail Golf Club. Each team will include a Greenbrier golfer, who plays free. Cost is $300 per foursome or $100 per person and includes greens fee, cart, lunch and prizes. For information, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lakeside High School's track and field program will play host to a golf tournament Sunday at Applewood Golf Course. Proceeds will benefit the track and field program. For information, e-mail coach Derrick Myers at email@example.com or visit www.pantherathletics. com.
The Evans High School Band will hold a yard sale from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Martinez Elementary School on Flowing Wells Road.
l The 13-and-under Georgia Force are looking for two or three players to fill out the roster for fall and spring seasons. Call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13-and-under travel baseball team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 14 before May 1. For information, call Brad Thompson at (706) 533-1061.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for one or two experienced travel baseball players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 12 before May 1. For information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
Toys for Tots
The third annual Toys for Tots motorcycle ride will begin with registration at 9 a.m. Saturday at Augusta Harley-Davidson.
Coast Guard Auxiliary meets
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Mi Rancho Restaurant, 4534 Washington Road, Evans. For information, call John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.