The Marshall Family Y is holding registration for its fall lacrosse program. The program is open to ages 7-15. Participants can register at The Marshall Family Y in Evans.
- The Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Softball team will hold tryouts for its 10-and-younger travel team for the 2010 season. The tryouts will be held Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Patriots Park softball complex. Participants must be 10 or younger Jan. 1 to be eligible.
- The Evans Dominators 18-and-younger fast pitch softball team will hold a tryout Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Patriots Park softball complex. For information, call Tony McNair at (706) 840-0749 or Jim Heard at (706) 533-2882.
Lakeside fun run
The Lakeside High School Panther Fun Run will be held Oct. 31. The 5K and prediction race begins at 9 a.m. at the Lakeside football stadium. Late entries register at 8 a.m. Entry fee is $15 by Thursday. Late entries are $20. Cost for a children's half-mile run is $10. T-shirts are guaranteed for pre-registered runners. Awards will be provided in several categories. Registration can be completed online at active.com. For information or to receive a registration form by e-mail, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maj. Tim McKean at (706) 863-0027, ext. 228.
A four-part boating safety class taught by the Thurmond Lake Sail & Power Squadron will be offered Nov. 3, 6, 10 and 13 at McCormick County Library in McCormick, S.C.
Hours are 1-5 p.m. Nov. 3, Nov. 6 and Nov. 13; and noon to 4 p.m. Nov. 10. The cost, which includes books and materials, is $25 per person or $30 per couple.
Pre-registration is required. Call (864) 391-3795 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.
A workshop and school on building mountain bike trails will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 7 at the Thurmond Lake Visitors Center in Clarks Hill, S.C. The event is sponsored by the CSRA chapter of the Southeast Off Road Bicycle Association. The class is free, but advance registration is suggested. Contact Paul Farrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The classes are being held the same day as the SORBA-CSRA chapter Bike Festival at the Deer Run picnic area at Lake Springs Day Use Area at Thurmond Lake. The event will be held from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. More details on both events are available at www.sorbacsra.org.
The Augusta Junior Rowing Team is accepting members. No experience is necessary, and potential members can participate for two weeks before deciding whether to join. Practices are held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 4-6:30 p.m. at The Boathouse on Riverfront Drive in Augusta. The team is open to ages 13-18. To learn more, visit www.augustarowingclub.org.
The Greenbrier High School boys and girls golf teams will play host to a golf tournament Nov. 14 at 1:30 p.m. at Bartram Trail Golf Club. Each team will include a Greenbrier golfer, who plays free. Cost is $300 per foursome or $100 per person and includes greens fee, cart, lunch and prizes. For information, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 13-and-under Stars are looking for players for the fall season. Call Billy Gamblin at (706) 840-2455 or Kenny Gamblin at (706) 564-6516.
l The 13-and-under Georgia Force are looking for two or three players to fill out the roster for fall and spring seasons. Call Steve Anderson at (706) 202-5652 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13-and-under travel baseball team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 14 before May 1. For information, call Brad Thompson at (706) 533-1061.
- The Georgia Lightning 11-and-under travel baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 12 before May 1. For information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
Coast Guard Auxiliary meets
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Mi Rancho Restaurant, 4534 Washington Road, Evans. For information, call John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170.
Mistletoe State Park in Winfield will hold its annual Family Fall Festival from 5-9 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $10 per vehicle, including parking fees. For information, call (706) 541-0321.
Hayden's Gymnastics, 4300 Evans to Locks Road, Evans, will hold an exhibition featuring its competitive gymnasts from 1-4 p.m. Saturday. For information, call (706) 868-0608.
- Lakeside High School's band is taking orders through Nov. 11 for boxes of oranges, grapefruit and tangelos for $15. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 863-0027.
- Evans High School Band Boosters are holding their annual fruit sale. Orders may be made at www.fruitorder.com, using organization ID 977960.
Toys for Tots
The third annual Toys for Tots motorcycle ride will begin with registration at 9 a.m. Nov. 14 at Augusta Harley-Davidson.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.