- Grovetown High and Evans High will hold a girls soccer camp for rising ninth through 12th graders who will be attending Evans or Grovetown. The camp is free and will be held 8:30-11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Evans High practice field. For information and registration forms, visit the Grovetown High Web site at www1.ccboe.net/Gths/home.htm and follow the women's soccer link. All participants will need a completed physical form.
-The GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club will hold a summer camp. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 5 to 17. Camp will be held July 26-29 at Hammond's Ferry in North Augusta. The Bull's ProXtreme camp features professional soccer players. For information and registration, visit www.ga-scbulls.com or call (706) 312-7415.
- UK Elite Soccer will hold two soccer camps at Blanchard Woods Park July 20-24 for ages 5-14. For information, contact Steven Macdonald at (404) 665-7667 or StevenM@UKElite.com.
- Greenbrier High School Tennis Camp will be held Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. until noon each day. The camp is open to elementary- and middle-school pupils. Cost is $100 and includes a T-shirt and refreshments. Registration will start Monday at 8:30 a.m. Participants are asked to bring a racquet and water bottle. For information, call Brittany Jackson at (706) 826-3244 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Petersburg Racquet Club summer camp sessions will run through the end of the month. The camps run Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. until noon, with swimming offered at the end of each workout. Clinics are open to ages 7-18, from beginner to intermediate levels. Pee Wee camps, for ages 4-6, will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 until 9 a.m. For information, visit www.prctennis.com or call Vu Nguyen at (706) 860-9288.
The CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold clinics on Sunday afternoons at Augusta Prep for girls third grade through high school. The clinics will run until Aug. 2. Cost is $95. To download registration forms, visit www.csraheat.com. For information, call Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer conditioning workouts will be held at Blanchard Park, off Belair Road, throughout July and August. The workouts are open to ages 10 and older and are free. The workouts will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m., lasting through the end of August. For information, call Jim Siple at (706) 860-1592.
Riverside Middle School will hold a fundamentals football camp July 20-24, from 8 until 11 a.m. The camp is open to those entering fifth-eighth grades. Cost is $70. Participants will learn the basics of each position. Drills will be practiced without helmets or pads. Call coach Dan King at (706) 830-5522 or e-mail email@example.com.
Summer Lax 2009 will be held until July 28 at Patriots Park. Boys will play 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays and from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturdays. Girls will play 10-11 a.m. Saturdays. Cost for boys is $75. Cost for girls is $60. The fee includes U.S. Lacrosse Membership (insurance), a magazine subscription and a game penny. The event is open to boys and girls entering eighth grade through high school. For information, contact Jeff Becker at (706) 854-1908, (706) 733-4271 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Harlem Middle School will hold a basketball camp for girls grades 4-8. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon July 20-24. Cost is $50. Call Jennifer Guy at (706) 726-7812.
- Lakeside Middle School will hold Sure Shot Basketball Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 from 9 a.m. until noon July 27-31 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $75.
- Greenbrier High School will hold a summer basketball camp for boys and girls in grades 6-8 July 27-30. The Greenbrier coaching staff and varsity players will be counselors. Cost is $70. For information, go to the Greenbrier High School Web site, click athletics, basketball for a flier and registration form, or e-mail Dana Bull at email@example.com or Casey Heckathorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.