- Summer Lax '09 has started and will last until July 28 at Patriots Park. Boys will play Tuesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Girls will play 10-11 a.m. Saturdays. Cost for boys is $75. Cost for girls is $60. Fee includes U.S. Lacrosse Membership (insurance), magazine subscription and a game penny. The event is open to boys and girls entering eighth grade through high school. Contact Jeff Becker at (706) 854-1908, (706) 733-4271 or jeffbecker20@ comcast.net.
- The Marshall Family Y will hold its lacrosse summer league starting the week of July 6. The league is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Registration is open now. Cost is $35 for members, $45 for nonmembers. E-mail Justin Goolsby at email@example.com.
Petersburg Racquet Club summer camp sessions will run Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to noon, with swimming offered at the end of each workout. Clinics are open to ages 7-18, from beginner to intermediate levels. Pee Wee camps, for ages 4-6, will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 to 9 a.m. Visit www.prctennis.com or contact Vu Nguyen at (706) 860-9288.
- The Evans High School varsity cheerleading team will hold cheerleading camp for girls pre-K through fifth grade July 6-10 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 for each week, and space is unlimited. Contact Devin Smith at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4066, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County Recreation Department is registering for its summer day camp. The camp will be held until July 31, except for the week of June 29 to July 3, and will go from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day. Early drop-off starts at 7:30 a.m.; late pick-up starts at 6 p.m. The camp is open to ages 6-12 and will be held at the Bobby Waters Gymnasium Complex at Patriots Park. Cost is $95 per week. For information, contact Robbie Kiser at (706) 868-3458.
- Lakeside Middle School will hold Sure Shot Basketball Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5, from 9 a.m. until noon July 27-31 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $75.
- The 18th Evans High School Basketball Youth Camp is June 22-26. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 with lunch or $85 if campers bring lunch. Each camper will receive a T-shirt. For information, call Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686 or (706) 863-1198.
- Greenbrier High School will hold a summer basketball camp (open to boys and girls grades 6-8) on July 27-30 at Greenbrier Middle School or Greenbrier High School, depending on the completion of the new gym floor. The Greenbrier coaching staff and varsity players will serve as counselors. Cost is $70. For information, go to the Greenbrier High School Web site, click athletics, basketball for a flier and registration form. E-mail Dana Bull at email@example.com or Casey Heckathorn at casey. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augusta Prep will hold its seventh annual summer volleyball camp Monday through June 26. Middle school sessions for grades 5-8 will run from 9 a.m. until noon each day. High school sessions for grades 9-12 will be held 1-4 p.m. each day. Cost is $120. For information, contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or at email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.