Petersburg Racquet Club is offering summer camp sessions Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. until noon, with swimming offered at the end of each workout. Clinics are open to ages 7-18, from beginner to intermediate levels. Pee Wee camps, for ages 4-6, will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 a.m. until 9 a.m. For information, visit www.prctennis.com or contact Vu Nguyen at (706) 860-9288.
Lakeside High School will hold a swim camp Monday and June 8 at West Lake pool. The camp is open to ages 10-17. Cost is $75 and includes lunch both days. For information, call (706) 364-9811.
- Greenbrier Cheerleading Camp will be held June 17-19 at Greenbrier Middle School for kindergarteners through eighth-graders. For information, contact Brent Paige at email@example.com.
- The Evans High School varsity cheerleading team will hold two camps at the school for girls pre-K through fifth grade. The camps will be held Monday through June 5 and July 6-10 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 for each week and space is unlimited. For information or to register, contact Devin Smith at (706) 863-1198 ext. 4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County Recreation Department is registering for its summer day camp to be held until July 31, except for the week of June 29-July 3, and will go from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day. Early drop off starts at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up at 6 p.m. The camp is open to ages 6-12 and will be held at the Bobby Waters Gymnasium Complex at Patriots Park. Cost is $95 per week. For information, contact Robbie Kiser at (706) 868-3458.
- Evans High School will hold its annual youth baseball camp June 15-19 from 9 a.m. until noon each day. Cost is $100. For information, contact coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The 22nd-annual Bulldog Baseball Camp will be held Monday through June 5 at Harlem Recreation Field. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 6-15. Cost is $50 and includes instruction in offensive skills, defensive skills, pitching and strategy. For information, contact Benjie Moore at (706) 556-9136 or Jimmie Lewis at (706) 556-6659 or (706) 564-4712.
Greenbrier High School will hold the Flying High pole vault camp 6-9 p.m. Monday through June 4 at the GHS track. Cost is $75 and includes a book, T-shirt and classroom instruction. Camp is open to novice and experienced vaulters ages 13 and up. For information, call Scott Hinds at (706) 306-5572 or Kati Smallwood at (706) 650-6043, ext. 5911.
- Lakeside Middle School will hold Sure Shot Basketball Camp in June and July. Camp for boys entering grades 6-9 will be held 1-4:30 p.m. Monday through June 5 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $80. Another camp for boys entering grades 6-9 will be held 1- 4:30 p.m. June 8-12 at Riverside Middle. Cost is $80. Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 will be held from 9 a.m. until noon June 1-5, June 8-12 and July 27-31 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $75.
- The 18th Evans High School Basketball Youth Camp will be held June 8-12 and June 22-26 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 per session with lunch or $85 if campers bring lunch. Each camper will receive a T-shirt. For information, call Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686 or (706) 863-1198.
- Greenbrier High School will hold summer basketball camps in two sessions. Session I (open to boys and girls in grades 2-5) will be 8-11 a.m. Monday through June 3 at Stallings Island Middle School. Cost is $60. Session II (open to boys and girls in grades 6-8) will be July 27-30 at Greenbrier Middle School. Cost is $70. For information, e-mail Dana Bull at firstname.lastname@example.org or Casey Heckathorn at email@example.com.
-The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 15-19 and August 3-7. Cost is $160. The camp is open to participants in first through 11th grades and will run 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. until noon Friday. The camp will be directed by Metress, who is the men's basketball coach at Augusta State University. For information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augusta Ice Sports Center will hold a summer camp for beginner to advanced skaters June 22-26. Camp is open to boys and girls ages 4-17 and costs $250. A nonrefundable $75 deposit is due by Sunday. There is a 10-percent discount for a second family member. For information, call (706) 863-0061.
Greenbrier High School will hold a fastpitch softball clinic from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday through June 5. Cost is $80 per person, $60 for siblings and $60 per player if registering a team of five or more. Camp is open to those entering grades 2-9. For a camp flier, visit the Greenbrier High School home page, click "Athletics" and "Summer Camps." For information, e-mail Garrett Black at email@example.com.
- Augusta Prep will hold its seventh-annual summer volleyball camp June 8-9 and June 22-26. Sessions for grades 5-8 are 9 a.m. to noon. Sessions for grades 9-12 are 1-4 p.m. Cost is $50 for two-day camp and $120 for five-day camp. For information, contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or at prepvolleyball@yahoo. com.
- Greenbrier High School's volleyball camp, open to girls in grades 5-9, will be held Monday through June 3 at Greenbrier Middle School gym. Cost is $50. For information, contact Debbie Born at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.