Petersburg Racquet Club is offering nine sessions of summer camps starting Monday. Camps will run Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. until noon, with swimming offered at the end of each workout. Clinics are open to ages 7-18, from beginner to intermediate levels. Pee Wee camps, for ages 4-6, will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:15 a.m. until 9 a.m. For information, visit www.prctennis.com or contact Vu Nguyen at (706) 860-9288.
Lakeside High School will hold a swim camp June 1 and 8 at West Lake pool. The camp is open to ages 10-17. Cost is $75 and includes lunch both days. Call (706) 364-9811.
- Greenbrier Cheerleading Camp will be held June 17-19 at Greenbrier Middle School. The camp is open to kindergarten through eighth grade. For information, contact Brent Paige at email@example.com.
l The Evans High School varsity cheerleading team will be hold two camps at the school this summer for girls pre-K through fifth grade. The camps will be held June 1-5 and July 6-10 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 for each week and space is unlimited. Contact Devin Smith at (706) 863-1198 ext. 4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County Recreation Department is registering for its summer day camp. The camp will be held from Tuesday until July 31, except for the week of June 29 to July 3, and will go from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day. Early drop off starts at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up at 6 p.m. The camp is open to ages 6-12 and will be held at the Bobby Waters Gymnasium Complex at Patriots Park. Cost is $95 per week. Contact Robbie Kiser at (706) 868-3458.
- Evans High School will hold its annual youth baseball camp June 1-5 and June 15-19. Cost is $100 per session or $175 for both weeks. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until noon each day. For information, contact coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The 22nd-annual Bulldog Baseball Camp will be held June 1-5 at Harlem Recreation Field. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 6-15. Cost is $50 and includes instruction in offensive skills, defensive skills, pitching and strategy. For information, contact Benjie Moore at (706) 556-9136 or Jimmie Lewis at (706) 556-6659 or (706) 564-4712.
Pole vault camp
Greenbrier High School will hold the Flying High pole vault camp 6-9 p.m. June 1-4 at the GHS track. Cost is $75 and includes a book, T-shirt and classroom instruction. The camp is open to novice and experienced vaulters ages 13 and up. For information, call Scott Hinds at (706) 306-5572 or Kati Smallwood at (706) 650-6043, ext. 5911.
- Lakeside Middle School will hold Sure Shot Basketball Camp during June and July. Camp for boys entering grades 6-9 will be held 1-4:30 p.m. June 1-5 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $80. Another camp for boys entering grades 6-9 will be held 1-4:30 p.m. June 8-12 at Riverside Middle. Cost is $80. Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 will be held from 9 a.m. until noon June 1-5, June 8-12 and July 27-31 at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $75.
- The 18th Evans High School Basketball Youth Camp will be held June 8-12 and June 22-26. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 per session with lunch or $85 if campers bring lunch. Each camper will receive a T-shirt. For information, call Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686 or (706) 863-1198.
- Greenbrier High School will hold summer basketball camps in two sessions. Session I is open to boys and girls in grades 2-5 and will be held 8-11 a.m. June 1-3 at Stallings Island Middle School. Cost is $60. Session II is open to boys and girls in grades 6-8 and will be held July 27-30 at Greenbrier Middle School. Cost is $70. E-mail Dana Bull at firstname.lastname@example.org or Casey Heckathorn at casey. email@example.com.
-The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 15-19 and August 3-7. Cost is $160. The camp is open to participants in grades first through 11th and will run 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. until noon Friday. The camp will be directed by Metress, who is the men's basketball coach at Augusta State University. Call Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ice skating camp
Augusta Ice Sports Center will hold a summer camp for beginner to advanced skaters. The camp will be held June 22-26 and is open to boys and girls ages 4-17. Cost is $250. A non-refundable $75 deposit is due by May 31. There is a 10-percent discount for a second family member. Call (706) 863-0061.
Greenbrier High School will hold a fastpitch softball clinic June 2-5. Cost is $80 per person, $60 for siblings and $60 per player if registering a team of five or more. The camp is open to those entering grades 2-9 and will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. For a camp flier, visit the Greenbrier High School home page, click "Athletics" and "Summer Camps." For information, e-mail Garrett Black at email@example.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.