- Riverside Middle School's Cheer Camp will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Riverside gym. Cost is $25. The camp is open to participants in grades 1-5. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greenbrier's Cheerleading Camp will be held June 17-19 at Greenbrier Middle School. The camp is open to kindergarten through eighth grade. For information, contact Brent Paige at email@example.com.
Evans High School will hold its annual youth baseball camp June 1-5 and June 15-19. Cost is $100 per session or $175 for both weeks. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until noon each day. For information, contact coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pole vault camp
Greenbrier High School will hold the Flying High pole vault camp from June 1-4 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the GHS track. Cost is $75 and includes a book, T-shirt and classroom instruction. The camp is open to novice and experienced vaulters ages 13 and up. For information, call Scott Hinds at (706) 306-5572 or Kati Smallwood at (706) 650-6043, ext. 5911.
- Lakeside Middle School will hold the Sure Shot Basketball Camp throughout June and July. Camp for boys entering grades 6-9 is June 1-5 from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $80. Another camp for boys entering grades 6-9 is June 8-12 from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. at Riverside Middle. Cost is $80. Camp for boys and girls entering grades 2-5 is June 1-5, June 8-12 and July 27-31, all from 9 a.m. until noon at Lakeside Middle. Cost is $75.
- The 18th Evans High School Basketball Youth Camp will be held June 8-12 and June 22-26. The camp runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Cost is $100 per session with lunch, or $85 if campers bring lunch. Each camper will receive a T-shirt. For information, call Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686 or (706) 863-1198.
- Greenbrier High School will hold summer basketball camps in two sessions. Session I is open to boys and girls in grades 2-5 and will be held June 1-3 at Stallings Island Middle School from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. Cost is $60. Session II is open to boys and girls in grades 6-8 and will be held July 27-30 at Greenbrier Middle School. Cost is $70. For information, e-mail Dana Bull at email@example.com or Casey Heckathorn at casey. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 15-19 and August 3-7. Cost is $160. The camp is open to participants in grades first through 11th and will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. until noon Friday. The camp will be directed by Metress, men's basketball coach at Augusta State University. For information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail email@example.com.
Ice skating camp
Augusta Ice Sports Center will hold a summer camp for beginner to advanced skaters. The camp will be held June 22-26 and is open to boys and girls ages 4-17. Cost is $250.
A nonrefundable $75 deposit is due by May 31. There is a 10-percent discount for a second family member. For information, call (706) 863-0061.
Greenbrier High School will hold a fastpitch softball clinic June 2-5. Cost is $80 per person, $60 for siblings and $60 per player if registering a team of five or more. The camp is open to those entering grades 2-9 and will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. For a camp flier, visit the Greenbrier High School home page, click "Athletics" and "Summer Camps." For information, e-mail Garrett Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Augusta Prep will hold its seventh annual summer volleyball camp on June 8-9 and June 22-26. Middle school sessions for grades 5-8 will run from 9 a.m. until noon each day.
High school sessions for grades 9-12 will run from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. each day. Cost is $50 for the two-day camp and $120 for the five-day camp. For information, contact coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or at prep email@example.com.
- Greenbrier High School's volleyball camp will be held June 1-3 at Greenbrier Middle School gym.
The camp is open to girls in grades 5-9 and costs $50.
For information, contact Debbie Born at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.