Harlem High seeks football players
Students zoned to attend Harlem High School in the fall who want to play football are asked to call coach Jimmie Lewis at (706) 564-4712 for summer workout information.
USSSA Southeast Military Softball Program will be holding a regional qualifier Saturday and Sunday at Diamond Lakes Park. The tournament will feature men's varsity A, B, intramural and women's varsity softball. For information, contact Vince Krajcir at (410) 903-9423 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Columbia County Exchange Club Golf Day, benefiting, children with retinoblastoma (eye cancer), will be held May 18 at Goshen Plantation Golf Club. Cost is $75 per player, $300 per team, $100 to sponsor a hole and $20 per mulligan. There is also a $500 Gold sponsor option and donations will be accepted. For information, call Brad Codman at (706) 339-3859.
- Greenbrer Middle School will hold its inaugural golf tournament Saturday at Bartram Trail Golf Course. Cost is $75 for adults and $45 for children 13 and under. Space is limited to 128 players. For information, call (706) 650-6080 or visit www.gmswolfpack.com.
- The inaugural Grovetown High School Warrior Golf Classic will be held June 20 at Bartram Trail Golf Course. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. Cost is $75 per person or $300 per team, with proceeds benefiting the Grovetown High School Athletic Booster Foundation. For information, contact Todd Booker at (706) 910-9644 or visit www.ccboe.net/gths.
- The Augusta Junior Golf Magazine Tour will hold several junior golf tournaments throughout the summer, beginning May 21. Boys ages 8 and under and 9-10 will play nine holes and ages 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18 will play 18 holes. Girls ages 8 and under and 9-11 will play nine holes. Girls ages 12-14 and 15-18 will play 18 holes. Trophies will be given to top four finishers in each age group. For information and to register, visit www.augustajuniorgolf.com or e-mail augustajuniorgolf@ comcast.net.
- Augusta Elks Lodge Golf Tournament will be held May 28 at Forest Hills Golf Course. Cost is $50 per person. For information, contact Harold Lewis at (706) 829-5970.
A travel baseball team for 9-year-olds is looking for players. For information, contact Lee Solt at (706) 513-4347 or Mark James at (706) 288-7946.
Columbia County Recreation Department is looking for people ages 16 and older to officiate youth baseball and softball games. For information, contact Gary Tam or Jim Mock at (706) 863-7523.
Coast Guard Auxiliary meets
The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at El Valle Mexican Restaurant in the West Town shopping center in Martinez. For information, call John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.