- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel team is seeking players. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old by May 1. Call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament team is seeking players. Call Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11-U tournament team is seeking players. Call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
The Haydens All Star Twisters competition cheerleading program will hold tryouts for the 2008-09 competition season Friday at the Haydens International Gymnastics and Cheerleading Academy, 4300 Evans to Locks Road, Evans. Boys and girls ages 11 and under should attend at 6 p.m. Ages 12 and above should attend at 7 p.m. No experience is necessary. A parent information meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday. Contact Leslie Anderson at (706) 955-5395 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Augusta Prep's sixth annual summer volleyball camps will be June 5-6 and 23-27. There are two sessions per camp: middle school (grades 5-8) from 9 a.m. to noon and high school (grades 9-12) 1-4 p.m. Cost is $50 for the two-day camp and $120 for the five-day camp. Call coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The eighth-annual Greenbrier High School volleyball camp will be June 10-13 at Greenbrier High School from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Camp is for girls in grades 5-9. Cost is $75, which includes a T-shirt and other items. Brochures are at Greenbrier High and on the school Web site. Call Debbie Born at (706) 650-4152, ext. 220.
- The Jessye Norman School of Arts, with the sponsorship of the Knox Foundation, will hold a golf tournament May 13 at Belle Meade Country Club in Thomson. Jessye Norman, an Augusta native and opera singer, will join golfers for lunch before the tournament. Lunch will be at 11:45 a.m. and there will be a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Tournament fee for a foursome is $300. Single entry fee is $75 in advance or $80 at the tournament. A Dodge Dakota pickup is a hole-in-one prize. Call Carolyn Dolen at (706) 737-4322.
- Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will hold its second annual golf tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Jones Creek Golf Course on May 12. The tournament is a four-man team best ball event. The cost is $65 per player or $260 per team, with morning and afternoon shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. with 18 teams per flight. Sponsorships also are available. Call David Dickenson at (706) 831-1308.
The Augusta Power travelling AAU and exposure basketball program is seeking players for its boys teams and 15-U girls team. Call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530, or go to www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.apsx.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.