Kindergarten registration in Columbia County is scheduled for March 23 through April 3 from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Children should register at the elementary school in the designated school zones in which they reside.
For exact zoning information, search the Columbia County schools' Web site at www.ccboe.net. Choose "Student Support," then "Transportation" and "Find Your Bus Stop."
To be eligible for kindergarten registration, children must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1.
The following information is required for registration:
- A certified original of the child's birth certificate;
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Ga. Form 3231)*;
- Georgia Certificate of Eye, Ear, and Dental Examination, also called "3-Point Testing" (Ga. Form 3300)*. Note: Clarification of law -- A current Form 3300 issued within 12 months of the date of entry is required for kindergarten; and,
- Proof of residency, such as a current gas, water, or electric bill.
* The required health forms may be obtained from private physicians, Fort Gordon medical personnel or the Columbia County Health Department.
New pupils in first through fifth grades
Children new to the Columbia County public school system are requested to register for first through fifth grades from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. March 23 through April 3. Children should register at the elementary school in the designated zones in which they reside. Proof of residency should be brought when registering. A copy of the child's most recent report card or grade report should be brought to registration to ensure correct grade placement. All immunization requirements should be up to date.
For all pupils
Parents are encouraged to bring the enrolling pupil's Social Security card to registration.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.