Atlanta-based Under Armour College Bass will hold a two-day East Super Regional tournament at Wildwood Park on Friday and Saturday, with weigh-ins at Academy Sports and Outdoors in Evans. The event has a purse of $11,000 and is open to teams from any of the organization's 150 sanctioned schools. Register by contacting Hank Weldon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 955-1300. For more, go to www.CollegeBass.com.
- The Marshall Family Y needs volunteer coaches and referees for its spring soccer season for ages 3-10. Soccer experience is a plus. Contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658
- The GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club and Columbia County Recreation Department will offer a Bulls Junior Soccer Academy for ages 5-7 at Blanchard Woods Park. Session II starts April 15. Cost is $65 per player. For information and to register, visit www.ga-scbulls.com. Registrants receive a training shirt and shorts.
Grovetown High School meetings
- The Grovetown High School Athletic Foundation Booster Club will meet March 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Columbia County Board of Education. Officers will be elected and fundraising events organized. Contact Todd Booker at email@example.com.
- Spring football practice for Grovetown High will start at 4 p.m. April 20 through May 1 at Grovetown Middle School. Contact Coach Rodney Holder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- River Ridge Elementary School will sponsor a two-person best ball golf tournament at Bartram Trail on Saturday with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $100 for two-person teams and includes lunch. Proceeds will benefit the school's beautification program. Call Bob Russell at (706) 447-1016.
- Humana Military Healthcare Services will hold the 13th annual Fisher House Golf Tournament on March 20 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. Early registration is $65 per player or $260 per team. Day-of registration will cost $75 per player or $300 per team. Register by March 13 for the early registration fee. Sign in at 11 a.m. Lunch will precede a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee includes a round of golf, cart, lunch, T-shirt and free nine-hole round of golf for future play. Mulligans will be available for purchase.
- Augusta Christian Schools fifth annual Golf Classic will be held March 23 at The River Golf Club in North Augusta. It will be a four-man scramble with 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. shotgun starts. Lunch will be provided by French Market Grille West. Call Cary Rivers at (706) 863-2905, ext. 106.
- The Sonic Blast 14-and-under major tournament baseball team is seeking two players with pitching experience (preferably high school or middle school) for the spring/summer season. Tryouts will be held on an individual basis. Call Dean Glover at (706) 373-1102, Mike Hill at (706) 951-3071 or Mark Plunkett at (803) 645-5219. Players cannot turn 15 before May 1.
- The Columbia County Chaos boys 10-and-under travel team will hold tryouts through March. Boys should be 10 or younger as of May 1. Pitching is a plus. Call Trevor Adkins at (706) 284-7379.
Free throw contest
The Walk for Autism Free Throw Contest will be March 28 at 10 a.m. at Evans Middle School. Cost is $8 per person. The person who makes the most consecutive free throws will win a Nintendo Wii. Call Mike Selitto at (706) 664-7244 for tickets.
The Augusta chapter of the American Red Cross will hold lifeguard training classes March 23-April 3. For information, call (706) 724-8481.
Travel softball players wanted
The Georgia Rockers 14U fastpitch team seeks three or four girls. Call Chuck Faulkner at (706) 373-3459.
Umpires sought for baseball season
The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is recruiting umpires for the 2009 high school season. Experience and baseball knowledge are pluses. Classroom and field training provided. Contact Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412 or e-mail email@example.com.
Coast Guard Auxiliary meets
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at El Valle Mexican Restaurant in Martinez. Call John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.