- The Warriors Challenge Run will be held Saturday at Barton Field on Fort Gordon. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. The run will include a timed 5k run and a formation run. All proceeds go to Wounded Warriors and the Fisher House. For information, contact Audriana Llinas at (706) 288-5408 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lakeside High School will hold a 5k Panther Pace Chase run on Saturday to benefit its track and field program. Registration forms can be found online at www.lhspanthers.com. Late registration will be held at Panthers Stadium at 8 a.m. the day of the run. A half-mile children's run will take place after the 5k, which starts at 9 a.m. and begins at the track. For information, visit the Web site or e-mail Kenneth Bowles at email@example.com.
The Columbia County Chaos boys 10-and-under travel baseball team will be holding tryouts in March. boys should be 10 or under as of May 1, 2009. Pitching is a plus. Call Trevor Adkins at (706) 284-7379.
Greenbrier basketball player Calvin Coke will be holding a basketball skills camp Saturday as part of his senior project. The camp will be 10 a.m. to noon at the Greenbrier gym and is open to children ages 8-14. Contact Coke at (706) 651-9331.
- The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship will be 9:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 7 at Patriot's Park gym No. 1. Boys and girls ages 10-14 are eligible and will be assigned to their respective age divisions. Participants are required to show proof of age and parental consent. For entry forms and information, contact Bob Oellerich at (706) 831-1989.
l The Walk for Autism Free Throw Contest will be March 28 at 10 a.m. at Evans Middle School. Cost is $8 per person. The person who makes the most consecutive free throws will win a Nintendo Wii. For information or to purchase tickets, call Mike Selitto at (706) 664-7244.
Thurmond Lake Sail and Power Squadron will offer its Basic Boating Course at the McCormick Public Library, 201 Railroad Ave., McCormick, S.C. Classes are 2-5 p.m. Feb. 24, Feb. 27 and March 3 and noon to 3 p.m. March 6. Advance registration is required. Topics include handling, docking, anchoring, safety, state laws, navigation and more. Cost is $25 per person or $30 per couple. Call Dave Kloppenberg at (864) 391-3795 for details or reservations.
- Grovetown High School will hold a football boosters meeting at the Greenbrier High School gym Feb. 19 at 6:30 p.m. Officers will be elected and fundraising will be discussed.
- Spring football practice for Grovetown High will be held at 4 p.m. April 20 through May 1 at Grovetown Middle School. If interested, contact Coach Rodney Holder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Augusta chapter of the American Red Cross will hold lifeguard training classes Jan. 19-30, Feb. 9-20, Feb. 23-March 6 and March 23-April 3. Call (706) 724-8481.
The Georgia Rockers 14U fastpitch team is seeking three or four girls to complete the team. Call Chuck Faulkner at (706) 373-3459.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department is holding registration for spring soccer. Registration will be accepted at the Patriots Park administrative office, by mail or online. For information, call (706) 863-7523.
- The Marshall Family Y is registering youth soccer players ages 3-10 through Jan. 31. Register online at www.thefamilyy.org or at the Marshall Family Y in Evans. For information, contact Justin Goolsby at email@example.com or (706) 922-9658.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.