Pole vault camp
Greenbrier High School will hold the Greenbrier Vault Camp 6-9 p.m. June 2-5 at the school track. Instruction and coaching for the pole vault will be provided for beginner to advanced skill levels emphasizing safety, technique and all elements of the vault. Cost is $75 for all campers grades 7-12, male and female. Collegiate vaulters are welcome too. Experienced vaulters must bring their own poles. Deadline for applicants is May 29. For information, contact Kati Smallwood at (706) 650-6043, ext. 5911, or Scott Hinds at (706) 306-5572.
The Augusta Junior Rowing team will hold two beginner rowing camps for ages 12-18. No experience is needed and all fitness levels are welcome, but campers must be able to swim. The camp will be held at The Boathouse, 101 Riverfront Drive, Augusta. Cost for each session is $85. Session I will run June 23-27 from 8 a.m. until noon each day. Session II will run July 7-11 from 8 a.m. until noon each day. For information, call (706) 860-5027 or visit www.augustarowingclub.org and click on Youth/High School Programs.
- The Family YMCA 2008 Golf Camps include two four-day camps at Bartram Trail Golf Course on June 16-19 and July 21-24. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $149. Also, two-day mini-camps will be held at Wedges and Woods Driving Range June 9-10, June 23-24, July 7-8, and July 14-15. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $49. For information, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752.
- Augusta Prep will hold a Lower School Basketball Camp June 16-20, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. each day. The camp is open to boys and girls grades 1-4. Cost is $160 for the week or $40 per day. The camp will be held at Boardman Athletic Center at Augusta Prep. Participants are asked to wear nonscuff shoes and bring a sack lunch and drink. For information, contact coach Myran Hunt at (803) 593-4322 or email@example.com.
- The 10th-annual Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 16-20 at Augusta State University. The coed camp is for grades 1-10 and players will be grouped according to age and ability. Cost is $150 and includes lunch each day and a camp T-shirt. Camp runs from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 9 a.m. until noon Friday. Contact Dip Metress at (706) 667-4765 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evans High School will hold its basketball camp June 2-6 and June 23-27. The camps run from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day and are open to ages 6-14. Cost is $100. For information, call Kevin Kenny at (706) 863-1198 or (706) 951-3686.
- Augusta Christian will hold Lions Football Camp June 2-5. Registration is open to grades 1-8. Cost is $85 before May 15, $90 after. The camp will run from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. each day. For information, call (706) 863-2905, ext. 142.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.