- The Family YMCA 2008 Golf Camps include two four-day camps at Bartram Trail Golf Course on June 16-19 and July 21-24. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $149. Also, two-day Mini-Camps will be held at Wedges and Woods Driving Range on June 9-10, June 23-24, July 7-8 and July 14-15. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $49. For information, call Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752.
- Sure Shot Basketball Camp will offer three summer sessions to two age groups. Boys grades 6-9 can register for June 2-6 (Lakeside Middle School), June 9-13 (Riverside Middle) or July 28-Aug. 1 (Greenbrier Middle). Each camp runs from 1 to 4:30 p.m. each day. Registration costs $80. Boys and girls grades 2-5 can register for any of the dates. Cost is $75 and each camp is held at Lakeside Middle School from 9 a.m. until noon each day. For information, call Tom Weidenaar or Dave Pitock at (706) 855-6900.
- Augusta Preparatory Day School will hold its summer basketball camp June 9-13. Registration costs $100. The girls camps will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day. Boys camp will run 1-4 p.m. The camp is open to grades 5-9. For information, call (706) 863-6858, ext. 379. Registration forms are available at augustaprep.org under the Academics tab.
- Augusta Christian School basketball camp information: Rising fourth- and fifth-grade boys and fifth- and sixth-grade girls may register for camps held May 26, 27, 29 and 30 from 9 a.m. until noon. Rising 6-8 grade boys, same dates; time, 1-4 p.m. A camp for girls grades 7-9 will be held at the school June 9-12. Cost is $100, with a $25 deposit required to reserve a spot. The camp will run 1-4 p.m. each day. For information, call Keith Walton at (706) 863-2905.
- Evans High School will hold its basketball camp from June 2-6 and 23-27. The camps run from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day and are open to ages 6-14. Cost is $100. For more information, contact Kevin Kenny at (706) 863-1198 or (706) 951-3686.
- Augusta Christian School will hold a softball camp June 16-20. The week will include two days of pitcher/catcher (only) camp and three days of all-skills camp. For more information, call coach Craig Kupitz at (706) 726-3583.
- Greenbrier High School will hold its fastpitch softball camp June 3-6 at the high school. The camp runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Cost is $80, $60 for siblings. Registration is open to girls grades 2-8. For more information, call (706) 564-9653 or (706) 650-6040, ext. 4150. A registration form is available by visiting www.greenbrierathletics.net.
- Augusta Prep's sixth annual summer volleyball camps will be held June 5-6 and June 23-27. There are two sessions per camp: middle school from 9 a.m. until noon (grades 5-8) and high school 1-4 p.m. (grades 9-12). Cost is $50 for the two-day camp, $120 for the five-day camp. For information, call coach Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The eighth annual GHS Volleyball Camp will be held June 10-13 at Greenbrier High School from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Camp is for girls in grades 5-9. Cost is $75, which includes a T-shirt and other prizes. Brochures are located at Greenbrier High School and on the school Web site. For information, call Debbie Born at (706) 650-4152, ext. 220.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.