A seven-hour boating-safety course will start at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the Thurmond Dam Visitors Center on U.S. Highway 221 on the South Carolina side of the dam. Completion of the course satisfies Georgia and South Carolina requirements. Class fee is $35 for individuals, $50 for families. For information, call John VanOsdol at (864) 391-2170.
- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is seeking players. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old. For information, call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team is seeking players. For information, call Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11-U tournament baseball team is seeking players. Call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
- Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will hold its second annual golf tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Jones Creek Golf Course on Monday. The tournament is a four-man team best ball event. The cost is $65 per player or $260 per team, with morning and afternoon shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. with 18 teams per flight. Sponsorships also are available. Call David Dickenson at (706) 831-1308.
- The Columbia County Chamber of Commerce will hold a nine-hole golf tournament at 4 p.m. Monday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. Cost is $50 per player or $200 per team. To register, go to columbicountychamber.com/events.html.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.