- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is seeking players. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old by May 1. For information, call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team is seeking players. For information, call Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11U tournament baseball team is seeking players. For information, call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
- Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will hold its golf tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Jones Creek Golf Course on May 12. The tournament is a four-man team best-ball event. The cost is $65 per player or $260 per team. There will be shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. with 18 teams per flight. Sponsorships are available. For information, call David Dickenson at (706) 831-1308.
- The fourth annual Adaptive Golf Challenge to benefit Camp TBI and other adaptive sports programs will be held Saturday. Tee time for the event, sponsored by Walton Foundation for Independence, is 10 a.m. at Augusta Municipal Golf Course, with special appearances by Vaughn Taylor and Jim Dent. For more information, call Vicki Greene at (706) 823-8585 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Augusta Power travelling AAU and exposure basketball program is seeking players for its boys teams and 15U girls team. For information, call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530, or go to www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.apsx.
Tryouts are being held for the Augusta Junior Rowing Team for ages 12-18. Practices are 4-6:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Boathouse in Augusta. For information, go to www.augustarowingclub.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.