- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is seeking players. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old by May 1. For information, call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team is seeking players. For information, call Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11-U tournament baseball team is seeking players. For information, call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
- Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue will hold its second annual golf tournament benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Jones Creek Golf Course on May 12. The tournament is a four-man team best ball event. The cost is $65 per player or $260 team, with morning and afternoon shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. with 18 teams per flight. Sponsorships also are available. For information, call David Dickenson at (706) 831-1308.
- The fourth annual Adaptive Golf Challenge to benefit Camp TBI and other adaptive sports programs, sponsored by Walton Foundation for Independence, will be held April 7. Tee time is 10 a.m. at Augusta Municipal Golf Course, with special appearances by Vaughn Taylor and Jim Dent. Each team will consist of three able-bodied and one physically handicapped player. For more information, call Vicki Greene at (706) 823-8585 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Augusta Power travelling AAU and exposure basketball program is seeking players for its boys teams and 15-U girls team. For information, call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530, or go to www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.apsx.
Tryouts are available for the Augusta Junior Rowing Team spring season for ages 12-18. Practices are held from 4-6:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Boathouse in Augusta. For information, go to www.augustarowingclub.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.