The Evans Lions Club will hold the Jim Metts Memorial Car Show with registration starting at 9 a.m. March 29 at Wesley United Methodist Church, in Evans. The show opens to the public at noon; admission is free. For information, call Art Turner at (706) 860-6655.
- A travel baseball team for 13-year-olds will hold tryouts for players and parents Saturday. Players cannot turn 14 before May 1. Call Rich at (706) 627-3251 or Mark at (706) 726-5569.
- A new 14-and-under travel baseball team will hold tryouts for hopefuls turning 15 after May 1. Tryouts are at 2 p.m. March 23 at Riverside Park. For information, call Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511 or e-mail georgia firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is looking for players for spring/summer. Players must be 9 years old by May 1. Call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14-under USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team is looking for players. Call Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11-under tournament baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
- The fourth annual Adaptive Golf Challenge, to benefit Camp TBI and other adaptive sports programs, will be held April 7. It is sponsored by Walton Foundation for Independence. Tee time is 10 a.m. at Augusta Municipal Golf Course, with Vaughn Taylor and Jim Dent as guests. Each team will consist of three able-bodied and one physically challenged player. For more information, call Vicki Greene at (706) 823-8585 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will hold its first Parent/Child Golf Tournament on March 23. The fee is $45 per team for members and $80 per team for others. The price is for greens fee, cart and prizes. Registration is open to the first 40 teams. There are five age groups. Registration cutoff is today. For information, call the pro shop at (706) 210-4681 fax (706) 210-1959.
Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is recruiting umpires for the high school season. Umpiring experience is a plus; classroom and field training will be provided. Meetings are held at 3:30 p.m. Sundays in the Westside High School auditorium until the season opens. For information, call Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atomic City Sports will play host to USSSA fastpitch softball and USSSA baseball at Citizens Park, with the first fastpitch tournament, the Shamrock Shootout on Saturday and Sunday. Call Dale Roberts at (803) 642-6381 or go to atomiccitysports.org.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.