Kindergarten registration in Columbia County is scheduled from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Monday through March 26.
Children should register at the elementary school in the designated school zones in which they reside.
For exact zoning information, search the Columbia County schools Web site, www.ccboe.net, under "Our Schools."
To be eligible for kindergarten registration, children must be 5 years old by Sept. 1.
The following information is required for registration:
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Form 3231)*
- Georgia Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Examination -- also called "3-Point Testing" (Georgia Form 3300)*
Note: Clarification of law: A current Form 3300 issued within 12 months of the date of entry is required for kindergarten.
- Proof of residency (current gas, water, or electric bill)
Also, children new to the Columbia County public school system are requested to register for first through fifth grades during the same time frame as new kindergartners.
Children should register at the elementary school in the designated school zones in which they reside; proof of residency (current gas, water, or electric bill) should be brought when registering.
A copy of the most recent report card or grade report should be brought to registration to ensure correct grade placement. All immunization requirements should be up to date.
Parents are urged to bring the enrolling student's Social Security card to registration.
* The required health forms may be obtained from private physicians, Fort Gordon medical personnel, or the Columbia County Health Department.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.