- A new 14-and-under travel baseball team will hold a tryout for any player turning 15 after May 1. Tryout is March 23 at 2 p.m. at Riverside Recreational Park. For information, call Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The GreenJackets 12-under travel baseball team is looking for players who will not turn 13 before May 1. Pitching is a plus. For information, call Keith Barden at (706) 210-1039 or (706) 589-1039.
- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is looking for a few players to add to its 2008 spring/summer roster. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old by May 1. For information, call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team are looking for players to add to their roster. If interested please contact Robert at (706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- A Columbia County 11-U tournament baseball team is looking for players interested in playing this upcoming season. For information, call Brad at (706) 541-9726 or Don at (706) 854-0908.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will hold its first ever Parent/Child Golf Tournament on March 23. The fee is $45 per team for members and $80 per team for non-members. Price includes greens fee, cart and prizes. Registration is open to the first 40 teams. There are five different age groups, including adults. Registration cutoff is today. For information, call the pro shop at (706) 210-4681 or fax registration to (706) 210-1959.
- The inaugural Augusta Power Golf Classic will be held Saturday at Forest Hills Golf Club. Format is four-player Lauderdale. The tournament has a 10:15 a.m. shotgun start. For information, call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530. You can also visit www.augustapower.org/golfclassic.aspx.
- The Julie's House second annual golf tournament will be held March 12 at Bartram Trail Golf Club to raise money to provide shelter, goods and services to homeless women and their children. Cost is $75 per person, or $200 per team, and includes greens fee, cart and lunch. For information, call (706) 836-2781.
The Augusta Power travelling AAU and exposure basketball program is looking for players for its boys teams and 15-U girls team. For information, call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530, or go to www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.apsx.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.