- The GreenJackets 12-under travel baseball team is looking for players who will not turn 13 before May 1. Pitching is a plus. Call Keith Barden at (706) 210-1039 or (706) 589-1039.
- The Columbia County Storm 9-under travel baseball team is looking for players to add to its 2008 spring/summer roster. To be eligible, players must be 9 years old by May 1. Call Shayne Vining at (706) 306-3728.
- The Outlaws 14U USSSA traveling/tournament baseball team are looking for players to add to their roster. If interested please contact Robert at(706) 840-1066 or (706) 541-0346.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club will hold its first ever Parent/Child Golf Tournament on March 23, 2008. The fee is $45 per team for members and $80 per team for non-members. Price includes greens fee, cart and prizes. Registration is open to the first 40 teams. There are five different age groups, including adults. Registration cutoff is March 2. For information, call the pro shop at (706) 210-4681 or fax registration to (706) 210-1959.
- The inaugural Augusta Power Golf Classic will be held March 8 at Forest Hills Golf Club Format is four-player Lauderdale. The tournament has a 10:15 a.m. shotgun start. For information, call Greg Williams at (706) 863-8712 or Dameon Key at (706) 855-7530. You can also visit www.augustapower.org/golfclassic.aspx.
- The Julie's House second annual golf tournament will be held March 12 at Bartram Trail Golf Club to raise money to provide shelter, goods and services to homeless women and their children. Cost is $75 per person, or $200 per team, and includes greens fee, cart and lunch. For information, call (706) 836-2781.
- Greenbrier Middle School's gifted program will hold a golf tournament March 1 at Forest Hills Golf Course. There will be a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $60, which includes the cart, with $10 for two mulligans. For information, call Leslie Wright at (706) 877-4323.
The Augusta Power travelling AAU and exposure basketball program is looking for players for its boys teams and 15-U girls team. Visit the Web site below for tryout dates and times. For more information, contact Greg Williams at 706-863-8712 or Dameon Key at 706-855-7530. www.augustapower.org/basketballacademy.apsx.
Tryouts are available for the Augusta Junior Rowing Team spring season for ages 12-18. Practices are held 4-6:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the Boathouse in Augusta. For information, go to www.augustarowing club.com.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.