The students with the top SAT scores from Columbia County's four public high schools and three private schools will be recognized at the Harlem Woman's Club Thursday.
The 47th annual winner of the county-wide Student Teacher Achievement Recognition honor, which goes to the finalist with the highest SAT score, also will be named at the ceremony. Each senior, who must be ranked in the top 10 percent of his or her high-school class, also has selected a STAR teacher.
The finalists and their STAR teachers are:
- Augusta Christian Schools senior Helen Cave and advanced placement calculus teacher Jack Hook.
- Augusta Preparatory Day School senior Trevor Terris and math teacher Timothy Shafer.
- Evans Christian School senior Laura Smolley and American history teacher Kathryn Nave.
- Evans High senior Rebecca Welch and language arts teacher Debbie Daniel
- Greenbrier High senior Rebecca Noblett and advanced placement U.S. history teacher Tracy Roden.
- Harlem High senior Violet Stamper and honors biology and human anatomy teacher Stephanie Arrington.
- Lakeside High senior Linda Yi and physics teacher John Cato.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.