The Columbia County Recreation Advisory Board is accepting applications for the sixth annual Columbia County Recreation and Leisure Services Department Hall of Fame Award. Applications will be accepted until Thursday.
Nominations must be submitted with a typed, double-spaced biography on the individual, group or business being nominated. Individuals must meet the following criteria for induction:
1. Individual must have played, coached or worked with the department for at least four years.
2. Individual must have made a direct impact on the recreation and leisure services program while either playing, coaching or working with the department.
3. Individuals that have participated within the program must have gone on to establish him or herself in an outstanding way.
4. A business or group must have had a direct impact on a specific program or the department for at least five consecutive years.
5. A meritorious nomination may be made with approval of the Recreation Advisory Board and the Board of Commissioners.
Previous inductees include: Todd Greene, Augusta Coca-Cola, Richard Butler, Melvin Springs, Lonnie Morris Sr., Bobby Waters and Jimmy Tankersley.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.