That's it. I've had it. No more flying from or into Augusta.
Here is a quick, cumulative summary of my last five flights to Atlanta from Augusta and the four returns from Atlanta to Augusta:
- Luggage lost three times. It arrived the next day in each case.
- More than an hour late six times.
- Missed three connections. Made another connection by running, but my bag did not make the flight (see above).
- Missed my son's bedtime three times.
- Resulted in my 3-year-old arriving at our destination at 1 a.m. instead of 8 p.m.
- Twice sat in the plane on the tarmac in Atlanta for more than 40 minutes. This occurred once during the summer, which led to my son becoming sick from the heat and swaying of the plane.
- One flight to Augusta was completely canceled and all other flights for that day were booked, so I had to rent a car and drive back to Augusta.
When I talk to my family and friends about the state of our airport, they think it's comical.
However, when I walk through the new terminal and debate how much money is being spent there, I think it is a tragedy. ...
It should not be this difficult, but it is a fact that an on-time flight in or out of Augusta is an exception, rather than the rule. We may have a new airport terminal, but we have the same old airport problems.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.