Sharon Baptist Church, at 6262 Cobbham Road, in Winfield, will hold its fall carnival from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, with a hayride, games, food and a silent basket auction. For information, call (706) 541-1532, or (706) 541-2027.
The Columbia County Cooperative Extension Service Gardening at Lunch program for November will be held at 12:10 p.m. today at the Columbia County Library. Extension Agent Charles Phillips will discuss wildflower gardening. For information, call (706) 868-3413.
The Augusta Children's Chorale will hold its annual fall concert at 7 p.m. Thursday at Sacred Heart Cultural Center, followed by a dessert reception. Tickets cost $10, and are available at the door or by calling (706) 826-4718.
Safe Sitter class
Safe Kids of East Central Georgia will conduct a Safe Sitter class for 11- to 13-year-olds from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the MCG Children's Medical Center classroom, BT 1805. Cost is $25 and includes lunch. For information, call (706) 721-2457, or go to www.mcghealth.org/kids.
- The Butler High School class of 1966 will hold its 40th reunion Saturday at the Marriott Augusta Hotel & Suites. For information, call Ruth Carrick Thomas at (706) 868-7665, or e-mail Becky Newsome at email@example.com.
- The Harlem High School Class of 1977 is planning a 30-year reunion for spring 2007. Addresses of class members are being sought. For information, call Dean Beasley at (706) 860-9231, or send names and addresses to HHS1977@comcast.net.
New church meets
An information session for Covenant United Methodist Church, a new congregation being formed in Columbia County, will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Greenbrier Elementary School. For information, call the Rev. Randy Monk at (706) 339-7090, or go to www.theumc.org.
The Lakeside Panther Athletic Association will hold its third annual raffle at 7 p.m. Friday at the school. Tickets cost $100 each, and only 300 will be sold. The winner will receive $10,000. A steak dinner for two will be provided at the raffle with the purchase of a ticket, and more than 50 door prizes will be given away during the dinner. Proceeds support the Lakeside athletic program. For tickets or information, call Rick McMurtrey at (706) 373-8557.
Red Cross classes
The American Red Cross of Augusta will hold the following training sessions during November:
- Adult CPR and AED, Monday and Nov. 27, 6-9 p.m. at the chapter office.
- First aid, Tuesday and Nov. 28, 6-9 p.m. at the chapter office.
- Baby sitter training, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Patriots Park.
For information on all classes, call (706) 724-8481.
Vendors are being sought for the Christmas market during the county's tree-lighting ceremony Dec. 2, to be held at the amphitheater and memorial gardens, in Evans. For information, call (706) 312-7191.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.