Columbia County's Back to School Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Evans High School, featuring school information, vendors and demonstrations. For information, call (706) 541-0650.
Aug. 7 is the deadline for any student to apply for the first scholarship awarded by the John Pierce Blanchard Consolidated High School Classes of 1961 and 1962.
The scholarship is open to students who are relatives of someone who attended or was employed by the school.
Applications, including name, address, telephone number, name of college or technical school, and relative's name, should be sent to Dr. Lester O. Pollard Sr. c/o the Rosemont Baptist Association, 5631 Burks Mountain Road, Appling, GA 30802.
For information, call Gwen Williams at (706) 860-3219.
Trinity Baptist Preschool, 4594 Columbia Road, in Martinez, is accepting registration for the 2006-07 school year. Limited space is available for 2-, 3- and 4-year-olds. For information, call Shannon Story at (706) 799-0637, or (706) 359-2275.
Jones Creek Baptist Church, at the corner of Southern Pines and Industrial Park Drive in Evans, will hold vacation Bible school from 7-8:30 p.m. Monday-Aug. 4 for age 3 to sixth grade. For information, call (706) 863-5131.
Jumpin' Party Zone-USA, at 4495 Columbia Road, will hold a free Customer Appreciation Day from 1-4 p.m. Sunday. For information, call (706) 228-1819, or go to www.jumpinpartyzoneusa.com.
Mother's Day Out
Parent orientation will be held at 10 a.m. Aug. 9 for the fall Mother's Day Out program at Church of the Most Holy Trinity, in Augusta. The program begins Aug. 14. Space is available for children who are walking through age 4. Classes meet from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. For information, call Cheryl Weinand at (706) 228-4887.
- The Lakeside High School Class of 1996 will hold its 10-year reunion beginning with a picnic at 11 a.m. Aug. 12 at the high school, and continuing with the reunion at 7 p.m. at the Marbury Center at 1257 Broad St., Augusta. Tickets cost $50 per person. For information, call Allyson Malcom Fralish at (770) 619-1824, or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Harlem High School Class of 1977 is planning a 30-year reunion for spring 2007. Addresses of class members are being sought. For information, call Dean Beasley at (706) 860-9231, or send names and addresses to HHS1977@comcast.net.
- The Evans High School Class of 1996 will hold its 10-year reunion activities Sept. 29-30. For information, call (706) 231-2619, or go to www.freewebs.com/ehs96.
Savannah River College is offering $1,000 career education scholarships to three students from each high school in the area. For information, call Mary Baca at (706) 738-5046, or e-mail mbaca@savannahriver college.edu.
West Acres Baptist Church, on Gibbs Road in Evans, will offer a Mothers of Preschoolers program starting Aug. 14. For information, call Abbie Character at (706) 868-5936, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boat safety class
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources will offer a boating safety class for 12- to 15-year-olds Aug. 14 at Mistletoe State Park, in Winfield. The class is a requirement for youths who want to operate a boat or personal watercraft. There is no charge for the class, but advance registration is required. For information, call (706) 595-4211.
- AYUSA International is seeking local host families for foreign exchange students. For information, call Amy Fenton at (706) 364-7492, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Hosts for foreign exchange students are being sought by World Heritage local representative Kim Hines. For information, call (706) 228-4112 or go to www.world_heritage.org.
Bricks for sale
The Evans Middle School PTSO is selling commemorative bricks to create a walkway and covered outdoor classroom and shelter for its new middle school site opening next year. To order, go to www.bricksrus.com/orders/ems, submit the order, and send the payment slip with payment to the school. For information, call Lisa Thompson at (706) 868-6330.
Marvin Methodist Preschool, at 4400 Wheeler Road, has openings for the 2-, 3- and 4-year-old classes, meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. For more information, call (706) 863- 0510.
The Columbia County Farm Bureau is accepting applications for scholarships for students who are a member, or child of a member, of the Farm Bureau, and intend to attend Berry College or a University System of Georgia College in an agriculture-related field. For information, call (706) 556-6258.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.