Church of the Holy Comforter will sponsor a concert of patriotic music by the Savannah River Winds at 5 p.m. June 25 at Savannah Rapids Pavilion, 3330 Evans to Locks Road, followed by a barbecue dinner. The concert is free; tickets for the barbecue are available by calling (706) 210-1133.
- The Harlem High School Class of 1996 will hold its 10-year reunion from 7-11 p.m. June 24 at the Savannah Rapids Pavilion. For information, call Heather Deas at (706) 832-4901, or Brian Martin at (706) 294-3344.
- The Harlem High School Class of 1977 is planning a 30-year reunion for spring 2007. Addresses of class members are being sought. For information, call Dean Beasley at (706) 860-9231, or send names and addresses to HHS1977@comcast.net.
- The Evans High School Class of 1996 will hold its 10-year reunion activities Sept. 29-30. For information, call (706) 231-2619, or go to www.freewebs.com/ehs96.
- North Augusta High School Class of 1981 will hold 25-year reunion activities June 24. For information, call Dale Smoldt at (803) 279-9538. A golf tournament will be held June 23. For information, call Zane Christopher at (803) 279-0709.
Savannah River College is offering $1,000 career education scholarships to three students from each high school in the area. For information, call Mary Baca at (706) 738-5046, or e-mail email@example.com.
Late registration for the summer session at Paine College will be held today, with classes held through July 28. For information, call (706) 821-8311.
The Journeymen Bluegrass Band from Hartwell, Ga., along with the Byrd Family and others, will perform a bluegrass, country gospel concert at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Bellevue Memorial Chapel at Bellevue Memorial Gardens on Wrightsboro Road. For information, call (706) 651-1971.
Columbia County Republican Party is sponsoring a debate for candidates for county commission chairman at 7 p.m. June 22 at Lakeside High School. Questions for candidates may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book, movie sale
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Augusta will hold a used book, music and movie sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and from noon-3 p.m. June 18 to raise funds for projects, including the Heifer Project Read to Feed program. Donations of books, CDs, LPs, cassettes, videos and DVDs are being accepted at the church from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday. For information, call (706) 414-6515.
Columbia County Arts will hold its annual meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Brandon Wilde Clubhouse, 4275 Owens Road, in Evans. New members are invited.
CSRA Writers will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 1336 Augusta West Parkway. For information, call (706) 738-4114.
The Alzheimer's Association of Augusta will hold a caregivers workshop from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday at the Gordon Club at Fort Gordon. The workshop is free, with lunch provided. Registration is required.
- Evans Community Baptist Church, 302 Byrd Road, Evans, will hold vacation Bible school from 6:05-9:05 p.m. June 18-22. For information, call (706) 737-8174.
- Marvin United Methodist Church, on Belair Road at Wheeler Road, will hold vacation Bible school from 6:15 p.m.-8:30 p.m. June 19-23 for ages 4 through fifth grade. For information, call (706) 863-0510.
- Advent Lutheran Church, 3232 Washington Road, in Martinez, will hold vacation Bible school from 6:15-8:30 p.m. June 25-29, for children in preschool through sixth grade. For information, call (706) 860-0439.
- Shiloh United Methodist Church, at 5960 Cobbham Road, in Winfield, will hold vacation Bible school from 5-8:30 p.m. July 10-14, with family day at 11 a.m. July 16. For information, call (706) 832-0986.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.