Columbia County Arts is sponsoring a black-tie fundraising gala for the new library and performing arts center. The event will be from 7 to 11 p.m. Jan. 21 at the new facility in Evans. Tickets cost $100. For information, call 863-3484.
The MCG Children's Medical Center will hold an ADHD Support Network event from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 3 in the Family Resource Library. Guest speaker Sheryl Irwin, inclusion coordinator of the Child Care Resource and Referral Services of East Georgia in Augusta, will lead the discussion of issues related to ADHD. This event is free and open to the public. For information, call 721-3596.
Bible Fellowship Church will hold fourth-anniversary services Jan. 6-7. At 7 p.m. Jan. 6, the Dixie Echoes Quartet will be in concert. At 10:30 a.m. Jan. 8, Dr. Michael Guido will be guest speaker, with Archie Jordan as guest vocalist. The church meets at the Belair Conference Center, 4083 S. Belair Road. Call 651-1971.
Red Cross classes
The Augusta Red Cross is offering the following classes at its office at 1322 Ellis St.:
- Adult CPR, 6-9 p.m. Jan. 3,16 and 30; cost is $35.
- Infant/child CPR, 6-9 p.m. Jan. 4 and 17; cost is $35.
- First aid, 6-9 p.m. Jan. 5, 18 and 31; cost is $35.
- CPR/Professional Rescuer class, 6-9:30 p.m. Jan. 9-10; cost is $50.
- CPR/Professional Rescuer review class, 6-9:30 p.m. Jan. 19; the cost of the review is $45.
- A baby sitter training class will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Fort Gordon Youth Center. Participants must be 11-15 years old; cost is $25.
For information on these classes, call 724-8481.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.