- Safe Kids of East Central Georgia will hold a Safe Sitter class Tuesday and Wednesday for boys and girls ages 11 to 13. The cost is $50 and attendance is limited to 14. For information, call Rene Hopkins at 721-7606.
- The MCG Children's Medical Center will present "Growing Up for Girls," a quarterly program for preteen girls (ages 8 to 12) and their female role models. The class will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the fifth floor conference center at the MCG Ambulatory Care Center. The program is free, but registration is required. For information, call Rene Hopkins at 721-7606.
- The Augusta Chapter of the American Red Cross is offering a community first aid and safety class for infant, children and adult CPR and first aid at 6 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday; June 20-23; and June 28-29. The cost for classes ranges from $35 to $55. For information, call 724-8481.
- A CPR and professional rescuer review class will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The cost is $45 with book and $55 without book.
Parking lot sale
A parking lot sale will be held at Westside Christian Church, 4352 Columbia Road in Evans, from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday. For information, call 863-6281.
Patriots Park will hold a summer day camp from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. through July 22 for children ages six to 12 years old. Activities include arts and crafts, field trips, water day and guest speakers. To register with Robbie Kiser, call 868-3458.
The Columbia County Chamber of Commerce will hold a "Not Just Coffee" event at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 671 N. Belair Road. The cost to attend is free for members and $10 for nonmembers. For information, call 651-0018.
- At 5 p.m. July 11, the city of Harlem and Regions Bank will hold a SuCCess Columbia County Style meeting at 225 N. Louisville St. in Harlem. The networking event is free for chamber members and $10 for nonmembers. To make reservations by July 8, call 651-0018.
- The 205 Power Luncheon will be presented by Wachovia at 11 a.m. Thursday in Simmons Hall at Warren Baptist Church, 3203 Washington Road in Augusta. The cost is $25 for chamber members and $35 for nonmembers.
The Augusta Players Summer Theatre Camp for children ages 6-18 will be held Monday through June 24 at St. Mark United Methodist Church, 2367 Washington Road, Augusta. For information, call 826-4707.
The 2005 Southern Christian Writers Conference workshop will be held Friday and Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The workshop is designed for beginning and experienced writers, and will include instruction on writing and publishing books, magazine articles, novels, greeting cards and other topics. For more information, write Joanne Sloan at email@example.com or call (205) 333-8603.
- The Unitarian Universalist Church of Augusta on Walton Way Extension will be the site of a global warming seminar at 7 p.m. Saturday. For information, call 414-6515.
- The church also will offer a spirituality and film series on Sundays at 5 p.m. for the month of June. Child care and refreshments will be available. The cost is a $2 donation.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.