The Phinizy Swamp Nature Park will hold EcoCamp: Swamp Adventures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 13-17. The camp is for rising third- through fifth-graders and will feature hands-on activities on animal habitats, wetland values and more. The cost is $100 for the week for Academy members; $125 for nonmembers; $25 a day for Academy members; and $30 a day for nonmembers. To register before Friday, call 828-2109.
The Georgia Forestry Association will hold a landowners' meeting from 5-7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium of the Thomson campus of Augusta Technical College, 388 Tech Drive. Topics will include marketing and management of forest products. Registration costs $10 per person, or $15 per couple, with refreshments provided. For information call 650-7650.
The Young Artist Repertory Theatre Company will hold auditions for Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Monday and Tuesday in the lower school cafeteria of Augusta Preparatory Day School, 285 Flowing Wells Road. Auditions will begin at 6:30 p.m. For information, call the theater group at 210-8915.
The Columbia County Extension Service will hold a lunch seminar from 12:10 to 12:45 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium at the Government Complex on Ronald Reagan Drive in Evans. The topic will be backyard greenhouses. For information, call 868-3413.
A Theology of Star Wars seminar will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. June 12 at the office of Church of the Holy Comforter, 1105 Fury's Lane in Martinez. The seminar will explore the major theological themes of the Star Wars saga, including Revenge of the Sith. For information, call 210-1133.
- The Augusta Chapter of the American Red Cross will offer a community first aid and safety class for infant, children and adult CPR and first aid at 6 p.m. on the following dates: Monday through Wednesday; June 15-16; June 20-23; and June 28-29. The cost for classes ranges from $35 to $55, depending on the training class. For information, call 724-8481.
- A CPR and professional rescuer review class will be held 6 p.m. June 13. The cost is $45 with book and $55 without book.
- Safe Kids of East Central Georgia will hold a Safe Sitter class June 14-15 for boys and girls ages 11 to 13. The cost is $50 and attendance is limited to 14. For information, call Rene Hopkins at 721-7606.
- The Augusta Red Cross will offer a baby sitter's training class from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Gordon Youth Services Building 45410. Participants must be 11 or older; cost for the class is $25. For information, call 724-8481.
- The MCG Children's Medical Center will present "Growing Up for Girls," a quarterly program for preteen girls (ages 8 to 12) and their female role models. The class will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. June 14 at the fifth-floor conference center at the MCG Ambulatory Care Center. The program is free, but registration is required. For information, call Rene Hopkins at 721-7606.
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.