Stevens Creek Community Church will perform a timeless musical production of A Christmas Tale this holiday season.
The performances will be at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday at the church, 600 Stevens Creek Road. Admission is free and tickets are available at the church or at Family Christian Stores, 204 Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway.
Tyffani Chaney, the church's drama director and a performer in the inaugural musical, said the play features a group of traveling storytellers who convey the meaning of Christmas.
"It's a fast-paced musical," she said of the performance, whose 12 cast members began rehearsing in October. "There's a live band with musicians, singing, dancing and acting. It's all interwoven together."
The performance is directed by Todd Sturgell, the church's creative worship pastor. Chaney said the church, known for its musical comedy Scrooge, decided to feature a different performance for the yuletide season this year.
"People want to go out and see a Christmas show, and this one offers that in a really unique way," she said.
"This is a great show that tells the story of Christmas and Christ without preaching."
For more information, visit www.stevenscreek.net or call Chaney or Sturgell at 863-7002.
• Holiday season begins
• Harlem prepares events for memorable Christmas fun
• A photo gallery celebrates a weekend of holiday events
• Abilene Baptist Church again presents its Singing Christmas Tree
• Stevens Creek Community Church prepares a Christmas drama
• A list of winners in the Grovetown and Martinez parades
• Holidays can be difficult for those dealing with grief
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.