Martinez firefighters, one standing atop a stove, clean up the kitchen owned by Horace Luke of Hereford Farm Road after a blaze Thursday evening. A passerby about 7:30 p.m. spotted smoke coming from an eave vent on Lukes garage and called 911. Firefighters from Martinez Fire Department found the kitchen in flames when they arrived. Battalion Chief Gary Thigpen said the fire started with a stove left unattended after Luke left the residence two hours earlier. The kitchen received fire damage, and the rest of the house received slight smoke damage. There were no injuries.
Photo by Barry Paschal
The Columbia County News-Times ©2013. All Rights Reserved.