A reunion for the 1989 Evans High School state baseball championship team is Saturday at the baseball field at Evans. There will be three games that day and the 1989 team will be recognized before the varsity’s 2 p.m. game against North Augusta. Organizers ask that those players/statisticians meet at the field at 1 p.m.
The Hattie M. Marshall Scholarship Committee is hosting a basketball fundraising event at Sweetwater Park in Thomson, Ga. on March 29 at 5 p.m. The game is between First Mount Carmel Baptist Church of Appling and Springfield Baptist Church of Thomson.
The Schuman National Underclassmen Combine, Showcase and 7 on 7 Tournament will be held at Grovetown High School in conjunction with Sports Academy South on May 4. Football evaluations are done for second- to 11th-graders. Go to www.nucsports.com for prices, registration information and times.
Tennis Play Days
The CSRA Professional Tennis Association has Grand Slam Play Days for tennis players 10 years old and younger. There will be four events corresponding with the professional events. Cost is $15 with online registration. Call Petersburg Racquet Club at (706) 860-9288 or go to www.prctennis.com.
Tryouts for the CSRA Summer/Fall 7 to 12 year-old traveling tackle football teams are at the Grovetown High School practice field on March 29, from 9 a.m. to noon. 12U players can’t turn 13 before September 1, 2014 and 8U players can’t turn 9 before September 1, 2014. Call Aaron Harrison at (706) 210-2659, Desmond Dean at (706) 951-5552 or go to www.leaguelineup.com/the program.
• Martinez Evans Little League is accepting registrations for ages 4 and up. Go to www.mellbaseball.org.
• East Georgia Cal Ripken Baseball in Grovetown is open for registration. Go to East Georgia Cal Ripken on Facebook.
The Evans Knights Pop Warner football team will have sign-ups at Academy Sports on July 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Players ages 5 to 15 should sign up early to secure a spot for football and cheerleading. The 2013 season starts August 1. Go to evanspopwarner.com or call Joe Driscoll at (706) 825-4594.
• The Augusta River Bandits 10-and-under major travel team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must have been born between May 1, 2003, and April 30, 2004. Contact Daniel Dykstra at (678) 358-8645.
• 9U A-Team Canes need players for the upcoming spring season. Players can’t turn 10 before May 1, 2014. Call head coach Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511.
• CSRA Force fastpitch travel ball softball is having tryouts for the 14U team for all positions. Call Kathy Guin at (706) 401-1820. Coach Wayne Wilson has individual tryouts for the 12U Team. Call Coach Wilson at (706) 564-5357. The 10U team has tryouts for pitchers. Call Coach Wilson or coach Guy Poss at (706) 962-7347.
• The 11U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 12 before May 1, 2014. Call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.