Those interested in the Clay Pigeon Target Sporting Program for seventh to 12th graders, should attend a meeting Thursday at the Columbia County Exhibition Center at 7 p.m. The yearly club fee is $135 and practices will be on Thursdays at a closed section of the Columbia County Landfill. Call (706) 541-4011.
The Emmanuel College Lions and Point University Skyhawks will play the first college lacrosse game in Columbia County on Jan. 25 at Blanchard Woods Park at 2:30 p.m.
The event costs $5 for those 18 and older and is free to those under 18. Call Jeff Becker at (706) 627-9264.
Martinez Evans Little League baseball registration is ongoing. Deadline for the majors (ages 10-12) is Feb. 21, deadline for the minors/rookie league (7-11) is Feb. 28, the deadline for T-ball and Wee ball (4-6) is March 3 and the deadline for the Junior and Senior league (13-16) is March 30. Go to mellbaseball.org.
• The Augusta River Bandits 10-and-under major travel team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must have been born between May 1, 2003, and April 30, 2004. Contact Daniel Dykstra at (678) 358-8645.
• 9U A-Team Canes need players for the upcoming spring season. Players can’t turn 10 before May 1, 2014. Call Adrian McCladdie at (706) 288-8511.
• CSRA Force fastpitch travel ball softball is having tryouts for the 14U team for all positions. Call Kathy Guin at (706) 401-1820. Coach Wayne Wilson has individual tryouts for the 12U Team. Call Coach Wilson at (706) 564-5357. The 10U team has tryouts for pitchers. Call Wilson or coach Guy Poss at (706)
• The 11U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 12 before May 1, 2014. Call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez has tryouts for a 10-year-old travel ball baseball team. Players can’t have turned 10 before May 1, 2013. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for dates of tryouts.
• A 9U travel baseball team needs players ages 8 and 9. Call Eddie Haley at (706) 726-1410.