Evans High School fastpitch softball will have a Boston Butt fundraiser Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for 10th-grader Taylor Hayes, who is undergoing a six-week treatment in a Boston hospital for a brain tumor. The butts can be picked up at the Evans softball field at that time. Tickets can be purchased from any Evans softball player. Cost is $25 and all proceeds will be donated to Taylor and her family to help offset medical expenses.
• Register for flag football and cheerleading for ages 5-14 at the Marshall Family Y through Sept. 15. After Sept. 15 and through Sept. 22, a $15 late fee will be assessed. Practice days and times are to be determined. Games will be on Saturdays. Football costs $55 for members and $75 for nonmembers. Cheerleading costs $55 for members with an orange uniform and $75 for members needing a uniform. Cost is $75 for nonmembers and $95 for nonmembers needing a uniform. Call Shonna Sargent at (706) 922-9658.
• Register for lacrosse for ages 7-15 at the Marshall Family Y through Sept. 15. After Sept.15 and through Sept. 22, a $15 late fee will be assessed. Practice days are Tuesday or Thursday at 6 p.m., with games on Saturdays at Patriots Park. Costs is $55 for members and $75 for nonmembers. Call Shonna Sargent at (706) 922-9658.
• CSRA Force fastpitch travel ball softball is having tryouts for the 14U team for all positions. Call Kathy Guin at (706) 401-1820. Coach Wayne Wilson has individual tryouts for the 12U Team. Call Wilson at (706) 564-5357.
• The 10U team has tryouts for pitchers. Call Wilson or coach Guy Poss at (706) 962-7347.
• The 11U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 12 before May 1, 2014. Call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Former Chicago White Sox player and Curtis Baptist baseball coach Chico Valdez has tryouts for a 10-year-old travel ball baseball team. Players can’t have turned 10 before May 1, 2013. Call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806 for dates of tryouts.
• A 9U travel baseball team needs players ages 8 and 9. Call Eddie Haley at (706) 726-1410.